Minelab GPX 5000 finds another nugget

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is a short video I shot awhile back prospecting a small wash in Central Arizona. The old-timers worked the spot pretty heavily in the early days, leaving tons of junk behind. I managed to find nuggets in this wash over the years, slowing trying to remove more and more trash. There are workings (handstacking & drywash piles) from the bottom all the way to the headwaters of the wash.

The last flash flood wiped out a good section of the handstacking and exposed about 20-30 yards down to virgin bedrock.

I was using the Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector and NF 14-inch searchcoil.

Hope you enjoyed.

Rob Allison

Nice......That thing was screaming...love it when you get those loud ones and get down to the bedrock and its still there.

Good going...good luck out there.
Tom

• Admin

Hello All,

This particular wash has been very productive for nuggets and guys drywashing over the years. One nice thing is the gold is local and the nuggets are normally pretty rough with a lot of character. I've found a few with really nice looking Rose Quartz on them.

I couldn't imagine what the old-timers got out of here when it was first discovered.

Thanks for viewing.

Rob Allison

Good video Rob!!!!!

I have all the people in the motel wondering what in the heck all that screaming noise is about!!!!

lololol