Short hunt Saturday and some nuggets

• Admin

Hello All,

Been away from detecting for a bit, so figured I needed to get back out there and give it another go. I decided to hit some older spots, figuring I could snag at least a dink at one of these spots. The first location was a old bench with a bunch of exposed bedrock. This spot had some nice, slug nuggets at one time, most of the easy stuff has been picked clean. Within about 15 minutes hunting here I snagged a nice Dwt piece and several small bits of iron rubbish. I hunted this spot for about an hour total with only the one nugget and 3-4 bit of iron.

I mananged to work my way up to another patch below some quartz veins. I snagged a small, rough piece the moment I turned on the detector. Within an hour I had three, small nuggets from this spot and decided to call it a day.

Nothing real impressive, but enough to get my "gold fix" for the week. I'm actually thinking about coming back here and working these small patches for the day to see what I might be able to pick up.

I was using my trusty Minelab GPX 5000 and NF 14-inch solid elliptical Mono.

Take care,

Rob Allison

You may not be impressed...but I am! :)
Those are some nice nugs.

WTG!!!!
Tom

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. I was on the nuggets that day, but my head just isn't in it. I get out there and try to relax and worry about everything else besides chasing gold. Just too much going on, maybe I should just go back to looking for gold. :) I now have several patches, one virgin and several older ones that have produced multiple nuggets I need to revisit.

Hahahahaahahaha......