Post a pic of your first detected nugget

Or the story dehind finding it.

I found this nugget at ryepatch in 1995 with a minelab 2100

With Gordon (Zahara) not sure i spelled his last

Name right but he was one of the good old amazing

VHS detectorist / mainly (god bug) master

post-63274-0-08987900-1378867858_thumb.j

post-63274-0-40994300-1378867882_thumb.j

Had to do some digging to find this one. Found with a XT18000, after Hoss Blackman planted it for me. Didn't know it was planted at the time. I should have. Anytime someone says, "You see that bush over there, the one that has a big quartz boulder next to it? Sometimes gold can fall out of those boulders and settle in the dirt right under the bush. I'd make sure you run your coil under the bushes, try over there." that should be a clue!

Low and behold! A 1 grammer! But it turned me into a mad man who loved prospecting. Next time out I found nothing. Third time out with Hoss I legitimately found a 1/4 ounce nugget and Hoss had really mixed emotions. You see he was happy for me, but this was also supposed to be a worked out patch that he thought I might find a little dink that he had missed being I was using an XT18000, and he had cleaned the area out with his SD2200, or so he thought.

Just so happens I wasn't too proud to get down on my hands and knees and shove my coil into a real thick clump of bushes, and WHAM! 1/4 ounce nugget 8 inches down.

You can tell how long ago this was, I still had a little hair left on top.

BCOT

Doc

hldgold.jpg

Found my first gold with Lucky leading the way !

He found one and then told me to stay there

and keep looking.....

a few minutes later i was prying my first nugget

from the layers of schist.....went on to get about 20

that day!

HOOKED! :-)

Thanks Rick!

The nuggets are on a paper towel on Lucky's tailgate..

.then i have them in The bottom vial in The next picture.

Goldbug 2 gets it all !!!

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Great nuggets for the first ones. My first one was a 7.5 Dwt nugget on an ancient bench along a major gold bearing creek in Arizona. I was using a Minelab VLF with a 6-inch round DD. The nugget was pretty much on the surface. I have posted it before, but I will dig through the pictures and repost.

Dang, you guys kill me. My first with detector was few grains...found near my house. I've since found about 30 or so there, but the biggest is only .83 grams. A bigger first for me is my first nugget found with a p.I. (tdi) and also the only found elsewhere...a little 10 grain sunbaker. But I am determined, and think I found what may be some really good ground, so look out, lol.