Eureka Gold bad coil???

I got my Eureka Gold out the other day and put the rechargeable battery on it and it made the most terrible screeching sound. :angry2: Thinking that there might be something wrong with the battery pack I switch over to the Alkaline Double AA pack and it still made the same terrible noise. No adjustments to any of the control knobs made any different in the pitch or sound. Wiggling the coil cable and connectors had no effect either. Luckily I have a CoilTek WOT for my Eureka too, after switching over to the WOT coil and turning on the detector everything was okay! :) Trying the original coil again got the same screeching sound. I take it the coil went south on me... is there any other test that I can performed with a multi-meter that would proved the coil is truly bad? In searching for a new coil what coil's do most users preferred.... the Minelab 8 inch round, or the new CoilTek 6 inch round? :unsure:

May y'all new year be golden!

Sounds like a bad coil for sure to me. I would go for that new Coiltek Goldseeker 6", that is the Gold Bug 2's secret is the little 6" coil it uses, it get the tiny nuggets yet it still has some depth for bigger nuggets. Since you got the WOT I would think you would have it all covered with both the 6" Goldseeker and WOT coils.

That's what coil I am leaning to plus the benefits of it being waterproof. I just haven't heard much talk about either one. I heard alot of people's put the EG and the original coil down. I have found gold with mine EG before I got my GPX 5000 but I like to keep it running as a backup detector and for friends. Thanks you, Robert

Probably not many of those new 6" Goldseeker coils in the field, they have not been on the market that long. I keep a gold bug 2 as a backup and a loaner detector.

Sent my eureka in a few years ago to Minelab.Stock coil was bad.Seems they had a bad coil for a year or two.Works great now.Gotta get that 6" coiltek from Rob.Eureka is a waaaay under rated vlf detector.Picked up a 1 gram nugget the other day behind these guys drywashing on my claim on top of the ground.No digging.

• Admin

Hello Cp90,

Sounds like you could have a bad coil. The coil should be under warranty still, so you can send it in to Minelab Americas. If not, they can still fix it for a minimal fee.

The Coiltek 6-inch Round is a hot coil for the Eureka. We always have them in stock and they are waterproof also. You can visit the online store and see them there at - www.robsdetectors.com

Give me a call if you need any help or advice on the Eureka coil that could be bad.

Rob Allison

I purchased a 6" Coiltek from Rob for my Eureka, it works great! I also have a minelab 8" round coil and a 15" WOT. One for each frequency :-) .......the original elliptical that came with the machine was not impressive, if I would not have tried other coils I would have sold the Eureka by now.

It's a very versatile machine with all three coils,

• 3 weeks later...

I want to thanks everybody for their reply. I bought a CoilTek 6 inch coil from Rob. I was so anxious to get it I had Rob shipped it just days before the GPAA Gold Show held in Mesa. I was able to get out beeping on the 25th. Leaving my GPX 5000 in the truck I grabbed the Eureka Gold and the new coil. Setting it on the 60 freq. I started swinging. After a couple of hours and digging three dozen bullets I finally got it over a piece of gold. The nugget weigh in at .21g.I couldn't find any of it brothers or sisters but I will be back and hit the spot again with the 5000.