Minelab SDC 2300 Release Coming Soon??

• Admin

Hello All,

Rumors are the Minelab SDC 2300 could be released to the public soon. Going to be interesting to play around with this unit and see what features it will have over the Garrett ATX. The Minelab SDC 2300 will be a waterproof Pulse Induction metal detector, able to fold down to like 16 inches and have the well known Minelab technology behind it. Minelab has always proven to have the upper edge with metal detecting technology, so hopefully this unit will have a few surprises behind it.

If anyone has any questions about the metal detector, please feel free to call or email us anytime - rob@robsdetectors.com

You can also see the unit at our online store - http://www.robsdetectors.com/minelab-sdc-2300

Fingers crossed for another great Minelab unit! :P

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Kyle - The pricing is not officially out as of yet. There are rumors on the price, but once the unit is released to the public we can place a MAP (minimum advertising price) on the detector. So for now, if anyone has questions on the metal detector, you're welcome to contact me by phone, email or here on the forum.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I made sure Minelab is able to fill that first order of 1000 units Nevada Chris. Just so you know, I will have to charge you a 15% restocking fee if you back out of the deal ..... LOL :P Figure around $525,000 is just a few of your nuggets you have collected over the years.

Ok, in all seriousness, the price range of $3200 - $3800 is what I'm guessing, but I could be way off base on this one.

Take care,

• Admin

Hey Greg,

That is a typo, should be 10 foot or 3 meters I'm guessing. I copied and pasted from the Minelab info we received.

I think it's going to be a few months before we see any. Any dealer that attended the Minelab Partners Conference will receive their pre-orders first :)

Rob's right it is 10 feet. This unit is built to Military specs. When we first saw this unit, as a demonstration of how tough it was, they took it out from under a cover and threw it from the stage on to the floor. Just to show that it was shock proof and military tough.

One of the target markets I see this unit for is the guy who hikes 4 miles to his claim up in California carrying his highbanker on his back or a sluice and other equipment. This bugger fits neatly into a backpack.

After working with the highbanker or sluice, he has a nice waterproof pulse induction Minelab machine to work the water, and the surrounding area.

Or even the RV crowd, that would like to have a great detector when they happen to be in some gold bearing areas, but need a detector that can be compacted down to fit in the smallest of places.

What are some target markets you guys can think of?

Doc

Hey Doc,

Being Italian, the first "target market" I think of is great big fat nuggets, lots of them. I could even have a little fun marketing them!!

It is just nice to have a tool that is built tough. In todays manufacturing/products it seems to be just the oppisite. This is why I have purchased your products as well, thanks for your creative designs/products, it has made my time detecting more pleasurable.

I look forward to having one of these machines.

I'm interested to see this detector. Ruby and I are in the market for a new detector. It's good timing on our part with the Garret ATX and now the new Minelab PIs coming out.

I'll talk to you at the show and see if this will fit our budget Rob. We are interested to see the reviews when it's available. Is this still scheduled for release in April or is there a chance it will come out sooner?

Rob I hope the new 2300 turns out to be a great addition to the Minelab lineup. I dont think I have to tell ya that my old SD 's are dying of old age not that some of the Mods may have had anything to do with it. :P:D I'm not complaining. Ive found a lot of gold with them and I'm really looking forward to the new SDC 2300. :) AzNuggetBob

I can't recall a ML detector that did not have a choice of coils,

If you look at there F3 UXO it has a 450 mm round.

Even if there are only a few options @ release, it won't take NF and Coiltek long to jump into the aftermarket opportunities.

I bet Coiltek is already cutting a think slice of the pie.

• 2 weeks later...