Minelab SDC 2300 Release Coming Soon??

• Admin

Hello All,

Rumors are the Minelab SDC 2300 could be released to the public soon. Going to be interesting to play around with this unit and see what features it will have over the Garrett ATX. The Minelab SDC 2300 will be a waterproof Pulse Induction metal detector, able to fold down to like 16 inches and have the well known Minelab technology behind it. Minelab has always proven to have the upper edge with metal detecting technology, so hopefully this unit will have a few surprises behind it.

If anyone has any questions about the metal detector, please feel free to call or email us anytime - rob@robsdetectors.com

You can also see the unit at our online store - http://www.robsdetectors.com/minelab-sdc-2300

Fingers crossed for another great Minelab unit! :P

• 3 months later...

Hi Rob

This detector is a long time coming. I begin to think what I said about this detector was on the way may have been a rumor after all. Ha It will be great to see what the test shows on the SDC 2300. Minelab says it's under the GPX 5000. I hope they don't price it out of the market and has changed it so one can switch coils.

Chuck Anders

• Admin

Hey Chuck,

I think the release will be coming soon. I have one of the first pre-orders, so any dealer on the pre-order list will get their shipments first. My guess is there might be a limited supply out of the gate, just like the Garrett ATX release. If I had to make a educated guess on the MAP price, I would say in the range of $3000 - $4000. I'm hoping for that price range it will have a bit more to offer than the ATX, which is a great detector for $2,200.00.

Haven't heard about any changes to the detector from what we originally seen.

Rob

I think the ATX is a good detector for the money. Price is a big factor if this SDC 2300 is not better than the ATX. The price on a detector is like when you go to Best Buy they tell you got good better and best. Depending just how much money you want to spend will get you one of the three.

ATX SDC 2300 GPX 5000

good better BEST

Chuck Anders

Rob

I respect your honest opinion and it being you I don't think you could be any other way.

I've got time. I'm willing to sit back and wait to see what the SDC 2300 has to offer but then I will buy from you.

The SDC 2300 may not need but one coil. Look at each detector and you see it has so much power pushing it to go so far into the ground. Now if that coil can detect the smallest of nuggets and the larger ones say 18 inches. I'd think the larger maybe 1/2 oz. Like all detectors the detection will drop off at one point and not detecting that nugget anymore. Remember the bigger the nugget any detector can detect it. This may not hold true but I'd like to think if I swing the SDC or ATX over set sq. ft. of ground I didn't miss anything of what is there is within the limit that detector can detect.

Boy I hope I got that right.Ha

Chuck Anders

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hey Chuck and All,

What is going to be nice about the SDC 2300 is it's a detector that I can pack into locations to prospect. I don't need a big coil, but rather something that is compact and easy to use. I'm tired of going on those long, 2-3 mile hikes with the detector on my shoulder getting snagged on brush and everything else. There is a small, shoulder type carry bag that you can place the SDC into, or it's small enough to go into a large backpack for hiking.

Jonathan Porters reports so far look good as far as sensitive to small gold and specimens while still hunting in highly mineralized ground conditions.