Ismael's modded Minelab 3500

For all of you who have thought about getting a mod done, I thought I would show you my 3500 after Ismael sent it back.

The link is to the un-boxing--- which is not a very good video, so I will post a picture of the detector control panel.

Very simple, three extra switches.

It only took about 2 weeks for the whole process. smile.png

I sent him the detector and then the money (via paypal) and Ishmael sent it right back and it was packed better than when I sent it to him..

I was impressed with the overall placement and neatness of the job on the surface.

I have not had time to get out and test it anywhere yet as I am still in CO.

I am excited to get to the goldfields and do some testing in May.

My only regret so far is that I failed to get some baseline tests done before I sent it off for modification--- that would have made the results more quantitative..... sorry about that.

But I will know if it is quieter, smoother-------and deeper.

I will update as soon as possible.

The un-boxing video:

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

The uploader will only allow me to load 21k pics---so i added a link to a good blown up picture of the control face.

Thx all and keep digging!!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2p8sXA7TwPAIDaUem45uc780fHY77FRDCLi1wGWfr5E?feat=directlink

Great timing Paul.......I was just thinking about asking forum members if anybody has had mod's done and if they liked them. I also have a 3500 ... so I am real interested in hearing how your field test turns out...quieter, smoother .....deeper. I was checking out the DetectorMods web site... I think they are done by 'Woody'.

I haven't really dug deep into researching it because I am leery about messing with my 3500. I think of the saying 'If it ain't broke... don't fix it' but... if they work and work well and come with some type of warranty on the work performed and is reasonable $$$ ??? who knows! I cant afford to buy a new one just yet...

Any how... I sure would like to hear how yours turned out once you try it, as well as any other forum members who has had mods done. Thanks Doug

I will post up when I do some tests Doug

• 1 month later...

Coming soon...i'm in NV now!!!!!

True.. that would be interesting...

Hope to be out this weekend!!!! (or sooner) :)

• 1 month later...

Hey Paul, Sorry I missed you. . . I would of met you out in the field if you were around the Winnemucca area. Still curious on how things worked out since the mods were done on your GP3500. Shoot me an e-mail if you plan on coming out again or just passing through. Take care, Doug

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah me too, I forgot about this post after reading it a while back and checked a couple of times to see the results.

How did the mod go?

ANY Thing new?

Hey guys i didnt find any gold since i got the mod done---i was hunting fast with it so i cant say i have done a good test with it,,

oi know it is smoother and i also know if i am over the gold it will talk to me....

basically for 400 bucks i say it was worth it ...just to keep it smooth..

i need to use it in areas i found gold before---i am getting the 2300 this week so i wont be using it a whole lot for awhile... unless i find a new patch...then i will drag her out...

pk

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, me too ------been trying to get out and use my 2300 more---

You find the gold and i will dig it... :P