Detecting and drywashing

Hey all:
Welp, went out today and enjoyed the day!
Nice weather, met up with Shay and Ken to do some detecting. Ran the beepers the first half of the day and got a lot of really nice junk :) Which is amazing being that this area has been under claims for a loooong time. We found a open spot inbetween claims. Oh well, thats the way it goes.

The ground was ripe for gold. Lots of contact zones, schist, ironstone, minerization all over, and trumpet plants.

Ken took off to cook some ribs or something so Shay and I went drywashing.

Shay found a spot that looked good. Im playing with the GB 2 on bedrock and Shay is vacing up dirt. I here him say...hey Tom...look at this...go over and he points out a nice little picker in the bedrock :)
Sweet! I think he ran about 4 buckets in his new KEENE puffer and got some nice pickers out of it. I sucked up two buckets and got some beautiful lead shot...and some flyspeck gold.

Was a great day out with friends.
Good Lord blessed us with some gold and good times :)
Enjoy
Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Glad you guys had fun. Thanks for sharing. I seen the other pictures on Bill's forum. I would have to say you are a "Dollar Short and a Day Late" in that area. We found hundreds of nuggets around that area, but it's been pounded to death. That being said, you never get them all, so give it hell.

Yah...I kind of figured that..but it aint been pounded totally to death...We were still finding old boot tacks and such. Just didnt get over the

yellow stuff this time :)

Just a different place to try this time. I got gold out of there in the 80s with a puffer. Just got to find that dang spot again! :)
Tom H.

I was actually quite surprised at all the junk we found. I thought it would have been pretty cleaned out around there.

Spent most of my detecting time in one wash, the center of which I was finding bullets, but on the tiny benches under rocks and bushes I was pulling out the old boot tacks and nails. Probably some gold still around there. Just gotta know where to look. ;)

I'm real happy Tom brought his vacuum or I would have never found that bedrock picker. Thanks again Tom!