cemented gold

I went out this weekend with my regular friends to one of our heavily hunted spots. we all split up and I walked down to a spot that I had seen on a previous outing that had allot of cemented gravel strewn in with the quartz rocks in tailing piles. this area has produced fair amount of quartz and gold rocks and some nuggets in cemented gravel .

my goal was to move that entire pile of rocks and check each one, top and bottom then dig down to bedrock and check it and all the dirt for any signals,.as I'm going through my routine I'm finding small nuggets most under 1dwt, then all of the sudden I got a loud inverted signal,and I said [nail]. I used my magnet to try and locate it, it was still there so I checked the rocks one by one . when I picked up one small rock I could feel the weight to size was heavy .then as I moved my hand towards my detector, it screamed from a foot away. I brushed the rock off and I was not disappointed, id say the nugget is aprx 8 dwt…..the whole specimen is 44dwt. hope you enjoy

post-66293-0-23206700-1422239054_thumb.j

post-66293-0-42724200-1422239412_thumb.j

Awsome find!
That's a really cool piece.

I did get a inverted signal one time and though the same thing...garbage, but it was almost a half ozer sandwiched between hematite.

Tom H.

Excellent. I found a bit in conglomerate years ago, 6 grams, had it for ages and kept thinking "wonder what the other side looks like?". So I eventually smashed it out. :( wish Id left it as it was, became just another nugget after that.

Nice find there.