Customer's GPZ 7000 Nugget at Depth Video

That is crazy deep. One recommedation. Being I have invented 2 bungee systems and have always used one. Better to disconnect the bungee from yourself and leave it on the detector than have it flopping around in front of you. One weird swing of your pick the bungee gets wrapped around it and it comes back at you like something shot from a sling shot.

Just better to have it on the detector and out of the way when you are digging.

BCOY,

Doc

I reckon I'm not going to buy a GPZ at the moment... cus if this garbage keeps up, there'll be a bucket load of them for sale in and estate sales from widows who've lost their husbands from heart attacks digging holes like this... I have expected a bottle of Soy Sauce to pop out of that hole... :o

The video really does beg the question however.... was the time spent digging that crater worth the work (and time) for that size of gold, granted it's impressive but do we really need an SDC that picks up fly poop gold at 6'? There's got a be a point of diminishing returns on these machines and this one may be that machine.... sure, in beat to hell ground, have at it hoss... get that last little bit but I can't help thinking that you could have covered a lot of ground with a GPX in that time and unless it was REALLY worked hard, obtained the same amount with a lot less work and stress on your back... just my two cents...

And yes.... I'm still going to get one one... cus I'm a sucker for punishment. :spank:

I assumed that was the bungee for his pick, not the detector (joking). The business to be in now is selling longer pick handles.... not detectors.

Jen

Watch and see what happens. With the new coil technoligy after the sales slow down on these high priced heavy workhorses mimelab will come out with a new deepseeking coil just as sensitive to small gold at depth for the gpx 5000s. I understand that the detextor has new technoligy as well but i feel a real new commander coil comming in soon. So far ive seen some deep digs. Ive dug up pieces of bird shot as small just as deep with my last 5000 and the stock 11in mono. Anyways my nee suoer package will be here tuesday and ill be gitting the rands ca area for few. Have a trailer across the street from quartzite goldfields and will be visiting there soon. Then maybe on into some other az goldfields.

John.

I'd like to see a bigger coil come out for the SDC 2300. It's probably not easy to install one but I bet it can be done.

I also imagine a new SDC 2400 or 2500 will come out eventually too. They always update their designs.