WTG on getting those nugs :)
Nice fat guys.

Hope you get a lot more.

Don't quit your day job though, You would only be eating beans right now....wait till you can afford hamburger :P

• Admin

Hey Russ,

Great to hear about your success to date with the new GPZ 7000. All of my customers have pretty much given me some report back, all of them have pretty much found gold on old patches so far. Most have only been out 1-2 days since the unit is so new. I have only been out once, but picked up 8 smaller ones at depth (4-5 inches) with the new GPZ. No question I missed a lot of targets and nuggets with the GPX 5000 and SDC on this ground. One target was 12-14 inches and was a boot rivet, which I thought was going to be a nice nugget. I also dug 4 pieces of lead around 5-6 inches in a few small gullies I pounded before that I missed.

I haven't heard of any lunkers found with the GPZ here in the US from my customers, but one guy has found a 3/4 ouncer at depth.

Keep in mind, most are not real willing to sit on the internet and tell others how great the unit is, trying to convince others to buy why they are plucking as many nuggets as possible from old patches. The less GPZ's on the ground, the more potential for the ones that own it now.

There is a small circle of guys that are very serious about nuggetshooting and have many patches. It's a real game to be the first ones back (regardless of what is found) on the ground with a new detector or coil before the next guy. Trust me, I hear all the stories about old patches when a new detector is released .... :P

Gubelube - No question the GPZ is going deeper. Spent several hours testing nuggets with a Coiltek 14-inch Round Mono on the GPX in Sharp and Normal modes (deepest gold modes in my opinion) vs. the GPZ with the super DD 14x13. I'm convinced enough to know from what I have found so far, my testings, my friends reports back that I'm going back to all my GPX patches at some point and rehunting them.

I've gotta go to work so I can buy more gas to go find more nuggets! :) They'll be more nuggets to come.

Id like to know the depths and weights of these new finds in pounded ground.

Joh

The nuggets were deeper than many other different detectors and coils and different guys on different gold detectors.

Including gold bug II, 2100 modded, 2200, 3000, 3500 modded, 4500, and 5000's with some very good operators.

goldstudmuffin,

Are you finding trash targets along with the nuggets? Just curious if the new beeper is pulling a bunch of targets or just a few nuggets.

Matt

Not much trash... The trash as been all cleaned out. I've definitely dug more gold than trash.

I'm not trying to promote this detector!

Don't buy the 7000 thinking it will pay for itself... even if it finds gold that other detectors have missed that probably won't happen on this one.

I'd say this machine is only for the most serious prospectors and if you haven't found much gold in the past it won't help you at all.

If you don't care about the cost and just want to find more gold it's the best machine out there, although heavier than all previous Minlab's

And If you don't have the money don't borrow the money... I justified buying one because the doctor's told me to walk at least 30 minutes a day for my health condition and I've got lots of old patches to re-hunt.

• Admin

Hey Goldstudmuffin,

Great advice on paying off the unit. I'm not going to quote how many I have sold, but my guess is there is over $1,000,000 worth of GPZ's sold in the first week or so from the major US dealers alone. If I had to make an educated guess, only a very small percentage of them (less than 10%) will ever pay for the unit in full. This could take a day if you hit the right patch or nugget. It also could take weeks, months, years or a lifetime!

I think the ones that will pay for it are the ones that will hit their old patches that have been productive in the past, continue to search for new patches and continue to hunt on a regular basis. I have sold detectors to customers over the years and they stated they were only going to be able to use it for 3-4 days on a trip, then it would be another year before they could use it again ... :wacko:

Wishing everyone much luck with the new GPZ's. I think it will be an exciting year for the guys that have them. I know it only takes one nice one, but then again those damn nuggets are so far and few ... :(