Weird Gold Pictures

Sorry for the delay, I just knew these were going to be difficult to photograph and I wanted to clean them up a little. The pictures do not do the specimens justice.

Looking at them with a loop is fascinating. The third piece which is the largest, is pretty heavy. But I guess this answers the question of whether the GPZ7000 will find disseminated gold specimens.

All the peices sounded good on the video, but piece number 3 was approaching screamer status.

My oldest son, (I have 2 both are dentists) said he would xray the pieces for fun. When I get the digital shots I will post them. Then I will do a SG test just for fun.

Piece Number 1 - 6.5 grams

Piece Number 2 - 4.9 grams

Piece Number 3 - 13.6 grams

Doc

post-16-0-77811200-1431020735_thumb.jpg

post-16-0-52809100-1431020734_thumb.jpg

post-16-0-97840700-1431020734_thumb.jpg

post-16-0-37610300-1431020735_thumb.jpg

Doc:
Those are butt ugly....put there is some pretty yellow in them! :)
WTG..

Good luck to ya.

Tom H.

Have not found the source yet but I am sure looking hard. Very long gully with good side ridges with benches. I need to find just one piece that is out of the gully to give me a little more of an idea of where this stuff might have shed from.

From what I can tell this is a very virgin area. Not a speck of trash nor any other dig holes. It is really off the beaten path. I had my ATV yesterday so I was able to really go cross country.

Doc

Some great finds Doc!!! Would the SDC be able to pick them up?

Cheers!!

Mike

Mike,

I didn't test them with the SDC. but I will. I have a feeling that it just might. I will let you know.

Doc

Nice gold. Maybe a soak in muratic acid and then after award a second soak in whink to remove all that iron staining? I think that would really bring out the beauty in them.

Congratulations. I think there is a lot more of this type of gold out there - the PIs of the past struggle with this type of gold.

Chris

GS - Each piece seperated by about 50 yards. Last piece downstream was the biggest. Leads me to believe the gold is shedding from more than one spot.

I started at the head of the gully and went down hill. First piece was the middle size, the the smallest then the largest.

Chris - I think there is a lot more of it too. I have a lot of ground to cover to track down the source. Fortunately the GPZ7000 has the GPS was is sort of nice to plot the finds out on Google map and try to get a birdseye view of where to look.

Doc