Happy Birthday Reno Chris!

What another one???? They seem to come fast... Chocolate cake with ice cream with your family

and lots of good cheer :)... Chris, Best Wishes and may you continue to enjoy many more....

Thanks everyone. Had a fine day yesterday. I was recently out in the 16 to 1 mine in Alleghany. Hiked all around for hours, but only saw a tiny fraction of the 35 MILES of drifts and other workings in this old mine. Much of their mining is done with metal detectors as the gold tends to be coarse. I took my SDC 2300 and even found some gold in an old heading.

Chris... the 16-1 has quite a history. I'm sure you are aware Mackay Mike as an undergraduate was

employed at the 16-1 as a miner and did not directly use the White's Goldmaster-2, but was there

in the beginning... Today, the SDC-2300 must be a great improvement. jim

Jim, they had the new Minelab GPZ 7000 on hand the top of the line - anything that will get depth and see mossy of dendritic type gold. The big 14 inch coil however is a limitation on the irregular walls of the mine. My SDC 2300 was the first one in the 16 to 1 and I kind of convinced them that its small coil had some advantages and it also ignores some hot rock within the mine that sounds off on the GPZ. All in all it was quite the adventure, and the 3rd time I have been underground at the 16 to 1.