$1,200 for a complete GP Extreme package a good deal?

I have been semi-seriously looking for a GP Extreme for a couple months, but they have been in short supply. There is one offered for sell that includes all three of the original coils (8, 11, 18") that they came with when new. It also has two batteries, two chargers, and the original Koss headphones that they came with new, as well as the original black carrying case. According to the seller, both of the batteries have been replaced, and work fine. He would like to get $1200 for this package, is that a fair price?

Thanks,

Jared

Edit I've corrected the typos. Disregard following post.

I bought a new GP Extreme from Doc back in 2000 if I recall, and it came with a small white 8" coil, said Super Goldsearch on it. It also had a 11" DD, and a 18" DD. This one for sale also has it. As far as condition, the images are kind of blurry, but the seller states a few "scuffs" on the unit. This one has KOSS headphones, mine were not. Thanks for the input guys, maybe a cheaper one will come along.

Jared

• Admin

Jared,

The price is not too bad. I sold a like new GP Extreme about 6 months ago for $1500.00. It has all the accessories, whoever owned it never hardly used it. One of the best ones I ever received in a trade deal. $1200 is a fair price, just keep in mind, Minelab don't repair the SD or GP series anymore. If you have issues, you might have to try to find someone outside of Minelab to repair, if possible. There is a guy here in Chandler, AZ, a contracted Minelab repair guy, but he mentioned to me he don't repair GP series detectors.

Just something to consider and maybe a way to get him to bring the price down a bit more in case something would happen in the future.

Minelab are know to last forever to be honest, but there is always that chance. You could pay $1000.00 and the unit last forever, or the first flip of the switch to power it ON, it goes bad.