.028 gram?

Went out last night and found a few with my new machine. They all totaled 1.18 grams the biggest was .25 grams and the smallest was .028. I also pulled three out of the same hole. I have never done that here in az. I think the gpz is a gold bug 2 on steriods.  Has any one found anything smaller than that with this machine? Here are some pictures.

Darn good detecting Justin!
  Thats small.

18000 more of those and its paid off! ;)

Tom

2 hours ago, Cowkiller said:

Thanks guys. 17,979 more to go now Tom.... Maybe there are some bigger ones still left who knows?

Well, you know there is lots more...you will find them :)
Tom 

• Admin

Hey Justin,

Well at least now you know everything I said it true!  The unit is amazing for having a 14x13 and finding stuff that small.  Like I said, under a grain is possible, done it many times.  

Congrats on your finds.  Within no time, you will have a 100+ nuggets with the new unit.  Just think of all the stuff you have missed now, it might be small, but 100's of them will add up to many ounces (thousands of dollars) in gold.  

Keep up the good shooting with the GPZ.  

The deepest this trip was about 4 inches and weighed .14 grams the tiny piece was less than an inch but not on contact with the coil. Most of the 12 were between 1 and 2 inches in highly mineralized soil with ironstones. I was running the machine in high yield and difficult sensitivity 17 and smoothing off with threshold at 10. I was hitting lots of hot rocks and It was very noisy but all it seemed to work. 

Rob this trip I found 3 under a grain and 2 under half a grain. I would have never believed it if I didn't see it done. I have the small stuff figured out now it's time for some big ones.... 

I had a trip just like that with my GPZ in the Bradshaws. Ended the weekend with 15 tiny pickers.

It was a good learning experience because I learned what it was like to CRAWL with my detector and hunt at an extremely slow pace and swing speed. That was the only way I could find these tiny targets that were just a blip in my headphones sometimes.

image.jpeg.e3748863084257f0a620af15d32f397a.jpg

• Admin

Hey Guys,

The hotrocks are the biggest killer out here in Arizona in my opinion, along with some Basalts.  That being said, I have had the SDC 2300 in some areas and it was more immune to some of the hotrocks/basalts than the GPX 5000 or GPZ.  It was hard to believe, but true.  I'm sure it has something to do with the timing on the SDC.  I'm finding gold just as small as the SDC with the GPZ 7000.  Cowkiller is now doing the same finding the pieces at 1 grain and smaller.  

Yeah that is the one negative I have found so far. I didn't expect as many hot rocks. Coming from the 3000.... It's a million times better in hot ground and rocks but still a very loud and noisy machine. That being said I have found that I can make it purr and find .2+ gram pieces at about 2 to 3 inches deep but I lose most of  the smaller stuff like I have been finding. And the area I have been in has been pounded by at least 3 5k's and my 3k so this little stuff is what I'm after. But take it for what it's worth I have only been out with the gpz twice and have not even touched the surface of what this machine is capable of.

9 hours ago, Cowkiller said:

Nice gold! What settings are you running?

Nothing too crazy just High Yield, Difficult, Audio Smoothing Off and Sensitivity 12.

I haven't messed with any of the advanced "hot" settings like Steve posts about on his forum.

I keep it pretty simple and I like to keep the noise down. If I try to run in Normal soil I tend to get too many false signals from ground mineralization that slows me down. I've tried running it in General search mode but it just makes the machine sound strange to me and I don't feel like I'm finding anything "bigger or deeper" that High Yield would miss.

I'm pretty much "in the zone" with those settings and they work for me and I find gold (sometimes). I haven't even touched the Threshold settings yet, maybe play around with that next weekend.