Saving money on Tires

Yup, we all need em :)
I usually get mine from Discount. But...........

I decided to try Walmart. For the exact same BFGs KO2s I paid 76 bucks less for two of them.

How? Roadhazard....25 at Discount with a 3/32 limit on tread wear.......10 at walmart with a 2/32 limit

Mounting and balancing....18 at Discount..........9 at walmart.

Tire disposal fee......2.50 at Discount..........0 at walmart.

It all adds up.

Good luck to you all.

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

As you know I'm now driving a GMC 2500HD Diesel 4x4.  Pretty heavy duty truck for the back roads of Arizona.  I managed to get away with the stock tires for a few years crossing my fingers on bad roads.  Finally it caught up with me and I was in the middle of nowhwhere and blew a front tire out.  I should have known better, but lucky I was in a spot I could change it to my spare and crawl out of their in hopes of not blowing another one.  

I have been a long time fan of BFG Mud Terrain and All-Terrains.  I ended up putting the newest KO2's on my rig also and love them.  No trouble yet ...., but I ended up paying $240 a tire since I have 20-inch rims. 

I myself  saved way more buying tires online and even got free shipping. I run Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar which run about $1200 with mount and balance at (no) Discount Tires. I got them shipped last year for just over $700 then had them mounted and balanced for $75 at Big O. Tires have huge mark up at retail level. Tire Buyer .com is where I got mine last time. Dennis