LDMA vs GPAA

Hi guys n gals.. is there a rep from the LDMA or GPAA on here that can give me the readers digest version of the advantages to buying a lifetime LDMA (who keep emailing me begging me to join, pain in the arse that they are) vs a lifetime GPAA membership? Does and LDMA membership give you everything that a GPAA does plus extras? If so, what else are you getting besides another overpriced thrown in metal detector? :)

Also, does the ability to hand it (LDMAA membership) down to someone else apply to anyone or just to your children when you die? My child (dog) doesn't have opposable thumbs so is crappy at panning and can't hold a detector despite loving to dig the holes.

Thanks

Jen

Jen, I think the difference is that with LDMA you get relatively cheap RV or trailer hook ups for half the year ... Locally (Rich Hill) the claims are not all that great ... I could be mistaken, but I don't think LDMA is all that great a deal unless you are fulltime RV... Cheers, Unc

Thanks Unc..... that's what I had thought to myself as well... we'll see what others have to say who've paid for it befrore I make my decision.... maybe someone from their org. will reply, if not, they don't watch the forums and/or care to sell so that will answer it as well..

Thanks again Unc.

Jen

25 minutes ago, adam said:

If you come to arizona , my mom said you would be the only one that could chaperone me if I wanted to go looking for gold with a detector.

If you're talking to me Adam, that probably wasn't your mom's wisest decision (just kidding mom) ?

Jen

Jennifer, if memory serves me last I checked  into both memberships is that to be a LDMA member you have to be a lifetime GPAA member first and foremost, if not the lifetime GPAA membership is included when becoming a LDMA member which covers this clause, the LDMA has always been a lifetime membership for both GPAA and LMDA, if you already have a lifetime GPAA membership the price for joining the LDMA would be adjusted as such,

The only advantage to being a LDMA membership over just the GPAA, is access to LDMA properties which as mentioned also saves one on paying for RV sites.

So it all boils down to if you think the additional cost of the membership for the LDMA sites and the money saved on a RV sites adds up to something that works for you as a lifetime membership.

Also I think now-a-days they are offering a transferable LDMA membership, at least for a limited time, it doesn't say it has to be transferred to a family member, but it's only transferable one time and there is a annual maintenance fee of $120.

If you haven't visited the GPAA's website and went to the LDMA membership page, be sure to check out the F&Q and the cost page, here's a link that may answer some of the questions you have.

http://www.goldprospectors.org/Community/LDMA-Membership

Thank you Gold Seeker... I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to type that out.. it helps a lot..... I'll make a call or two next week when they're all back to the office and as I plan on doing lots of RV'ing when I'm on the diggings, it may be worth it to go LDMA if their camp sites are in good areas, it would be nice to be camping among fellow crazies.. I mean prospectors. :)

Again, thank you so much....

God Bless (she blesses male prospectors as well, not just female ones) :)

Jen