Making the BIG MOVE!

Don't know if you all know the story of the crap I went through this year.  In march I had a supply line to one of the toilets break in my office and it dumped 4000 gallons of water inside.  All the walls were soaked, built in desks ruined.  I have a great insurance company who gave me enough money to fix everything, but it was a 7 month process.  Everything we had was in 4 shipping containers and that is how we did business; out of shipping containers.  What a nightmare. 

OK so my 3200 sq ft office gets refurbished and it is beautiful.  (I built it in 1986)  Well it looks so good that I am thinking there is no sense in moving things back in to the office.  It is a professional office and it really does not work for the kind of business we have, prospecting equipment and distributing things to dealers.  I figure this place is never going to look this good again so I put the building on the market.

I decided it would be better to rent warehouse space that is more conducive to the type of business we do.  So for the last week we have been moving to our new location.  Jennifer Bond came down from Canada and got a great job here in Las Vegas.  While waiting for her start date she offered to help me move.  So with her, Ricardo, my employee, myself and three other laborers we started the awesome task of changing locations.  WHAT A JOB.  Let me tell you Jennifer was amazing and I am forever in her debt.  I could not have done it as quickly without her.  The things that made her so valuable is not only is she a tireless worker, but she knows metal detecting and prospecting stuff so she was able to direct the other workers as to where things went.  "Those are metal detectors, those all go here.  Those are digging tools they go on the shelf with the picks, etc."

So here are a few pictures of the refurbished office and the new warehouse space.

Thank you for your patience during the relocation.

Doc

26 (600 x 186).jpg

2 (600 x 450).jpgDSCF1424 (1).jpgDSCF1440 (1).jpgDSCF1463 (1).jpg2016-10-26 15.45.58 (600 x 337).jpg20130930_132017_2.jpg

Yah, im thinking you made the right move. That "office" looks nicer than my house! :)
Good luck to you.
Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Doc,

The old office looks great, I'm sure it will bring a fortune from the new buyers.  The new warehouse is great, I would love to have a place like that.  You know as well as I do, we keep getting more and more products and less and less room to store it.  

Wishing you the best with the new place and a big "Thank You" for Jen, Ricardo and the others that help make the move a quick and successful one.  

Good to see you posting again Doc, was a little concerned what had happened, now we see you've truly been extra busy.

Here's to a good long detecting holiday in your fabulous new trailer.

I'm hoping to build a popup one on the back of a 4x4 truck for my retirement in a few years time.

Cheers

Kev.

Being able to have the ability to take back stock and use the fork lift to go HIGH on upper shelves is such a great advantage.  Many of the plastic parts we use in things like Swingy Thingy's we buy 10.000 pieces at a time.  That means 10,000 plastic snaps. D rings, 2 inch and 1 inch ladder locks, suspender grips, two different sizes.  Lower fiberglass rods. 10,000.  Being able to store this stuff vertically, really makes things more efficient because all of this stock we do not need on a day to day basis is out of our way.

My professional office building was just not made for this kind of business.  Perhaps a Doctor, or Dentist or Lawyer, or physical therapist, some one will but it, it is in pristine condition.

Doc