Any Success with the new GPZ 19-inch coil yet?

• Admin

Hello All,

I know there are plenty of guys now out with the new Minelab GPZ 19-inch Searchcoil, so curious if anyone has had any success?  We all would love to hear if you're getting more depth and hopefully some larger nuggets in the poke.  

I personally haven't been out with mine yet. 

Finally got mine in today. Fedex kept trying to deliver when I was at work.

It's bigger and heavier but I don't think it's anything crazy with a bungee. I'd like to try the control stick that came with the GPZ 7000 but I carry my pick with my left hand.

After installing it I swung it around the house for a few minutes and I have to admit my arm did get a little tired. Bungee is gonna be a must here. That's just the way the technology is going I guess if you want the deepest and most powerful detector and coil until they figure out a way to make everything smaller and lighter.

IMG_4674.jpg

What's this, Minelab? :P

IMG_4675.jpg

IMG_4676.jpg

IMG_4677.jpg

Interesting skid plate and rubber bumpers along the edges. The skid plate does pop off and looks replaceable so I'm sure it's only a matter of time until someone comes up with a closed style (heavier) skid plate that'll be easier to use in the grass.

Probably won't get a chance to get out and use it until after New Year's but I've got high hopes. ?

• Admin

Hey Guys,

A few reports came in.  I also have a few pictures I will get up soon.  One report was a 2-3 Dwt at 16-18 inches and then a very tiny 3 grain nugget at like 4 inches with the GPZ 19-inch coil.  Nothing huge as of yet, but I'm sure someone will knock a nice one out. 

• 3 weeks later...

So this is what I am faced with. The late release of the 19 in the USA makes me wait. seven degrees and a foot and a half of snow. Earlier 2016 I found this 7 ounce nugget and wanted to go over some more ground with the 19. I guess I will have to wait !

FYI this was missed with all previous GP series detectors and I have owned them all.

IMG_2373.JPG

IMG_2690.JPG