Detecting Gold with X-Ray VisionTechnology

Darn it Rob....I thought I was going to be able to get a pair of X Ray glasses and just look around out in the desert :)
Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom and all,

Funny you mentioned glasses.  I think I wrote about this many years ago, but I found a pair of sunglasses (cheap ones) that seemed to really make certain ground colors stand out much greater than the human eye.  I actually think I found more nugget patches with them, as I was able to scan areas with the glasses on and it would make certain colors that I was targeting stand out.  Somehow I lost the glasses ...... I couldn't ever find another pair that did the same and trust me I tried a lot of them ...... LOL

Ripply's Believe it or Not ..... It was actually true and I still think about those days.  

• 3 weeks later...

Yeas ago I got to playing around with some Pseudo IR Glasses.   Obviously our eyes can't see IR light but we can see   some of the Upper fringes of it. 

These are   worthless with a few  exceptions.  They block out 95% of the light your eyes and mind are use to working with and using.  They allow you to see things in a different  light so to say.   I used them a few times to aid in locating old home foundations, roads and paths my eyes simply couldn't see under normal lighting.  Never tried but they may help in recognizing different grounds and mineralogy of   area's you would normally notice.