Hoffman Lease Colorado

I've made an interactive 3D map of the Hoffman mining lease in Fairplay Colorado. There are two versions of the map A very LARGE one that runs about 30 Mb download and a much smaller one that's about 3.5 Mb.

LARGE 3D Map

small 3D Map

The Hoffman lease is called the Katuska pit.
It's about 8 acres of private property.
It has been permitted as a sand and gravel operation by the State of Colorado since 1991

While you are viewing the map click on the "mine" area outlined in red. A window will pop up with links to information about the geology of the placers from the Land Matters Library and a link to the sand and gravel permit report from the State of Colorado.

Use your mouse to move around the map. Scroll to move in and out or get dizzy by typing an "r" to make the map spin.

• Admin

Hey Clay,

Thanks for the maps.  Looks like the report said the gold was from Glaciers.  I haven't watched the last couple of episodes of Gold Rush, so it will be interesting to see how they do there.  From the maps, don't look like they have a ton of ground to move in the future.  Looks like another big operation to the left.