Rob's Detector Sales Arizona Outing

• 2 months later...

I took time off last year from work around Halloween to camp and detect around the Weaver mountains.

It was still extremely hot that time of year! I wore a t-shirt around the campfire all night and I had all the flaps on the tent open.

If this year is anything like the last, November might be a good month to consider doing it.

I was off work again last November to camp and detect and the weather was a lot nicer. 

• Like 1

Just a suggestion here....

I would suggest sometime in Jan.

Nov. has an outing at Jackass flats and Thanksgiving.

Dec. Small get together at the Q and Christmas.

Feb. Outing at Jackass flats.

Anytime before or after those dates will be warm, as Tortuga said.

Tom H.

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know, the Quartzite Metal Detector Club has their Big Hunt on the 3rd Saturday in January. A group of us travel the 650 miles every year to attend the hunt. If your outing was either the weekend before or after that would work out good for us as we usually spend 2 to 3 weeks in Arizona. Location wouldn't matter much because we will already be in the Quartzite area so a little more travel won't matter.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2017 at 6:05 AM, nuggethunting said:

Hello All,

I haven't really done anything as far as outing, but we might have obtained permission on a large section of land in a proven goldfield to have an outing.  Looking for advice on setting up an outing for anyone to show up and learn and talk with others in this great hobby.  

Advice on duration, food required and other events would be appreciated.  I really want to make it great and where everyone will learn and benefit from the outing.  

Thanks in advance! 

So being a southern AZ guy we have 7800 acres of BLM land in a proven Placer Greaterville there is a 50/50 area 50 % being BLM and 50% being cattle grazing and ranching that is open.  Some of this ground down low has never had a detector on it. Being BLM land there is a bunch of open areas to camping and RV set up. from there you would need a decent high clearance vehicle. You can always go as a guest or pay The local Club $30 to join and hit their 5 claims.  This is easy let me know if I can help

• Like 3

17 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

So being a southern AZ guy we have 7800 acres of BLM land in a proven Placer Greaterville there is a 50/50 area 50 % being BLM and 50% being cattle grazing and ranching that is open.  Some of this ground down low has never had a detector on it. Being BLM land there is a bunch of open areas to camping and RV set up. from there you would need a decent high clearance vehicle. You can always go as a guest or pay The local Club $30 to join and hit their 5 claims.  This is easy let me know if I can help

You do know the difference from BLM land and Forest Service land right? 

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for asking.  What I can tell you is that there is something that I find exciting getting ready to happen.  I along with another will make an announcement about some things we are going to be doing, along with at least one outing yearly.  More to come very soon ..... :D

• Like 2

Planning and preparation is the best thing you can do, but sometimes the plan A is not enough for the situation so better to have a backup plan which is what we called the plan B. I agree with all the suggestions of our members here

Always expect the unexpected. Think advance for the worst case scenario that may occur during your outing. Good luck and have a nice outing,

Edited by MidnightWhale
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nuggethunting said:

Hey Guys,

We just might plan on January 2017.   I'm working with another person, so we are trying to get it all coordinated so we can place a date out there for everyone to plan for.  

January is good! But I think we are past 2017 :) FAT FINGER!

Tom H.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Admin

Hey Andy,

This might be the next great outing if we do it right.  Not rushing into it is the key.  We can just do another typical outing with 30-40 guys, but we want to really do something a bit more exciting and get in the range of 100-200 people.  To make this happen, it takes a lot of planning, the right location, the right people involved and hopefully the right weather! :unsure::unsure:

• Like 1