Nice 1.77 Ouncer found in Central Arizona

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Here is a nice nugget found awhile back in Central Arizona.  I walked around this one for 2-3 trips before it's discovery on a high bench.  Most of the nuggets I found in this location were concentrated in a deep wash.  I never found a single nugget on bedrock, nor do I know how deep bedrock even is.  Most of the nuggets were down deep on harder sand layer/clay layer.  

Nugget hit the scale at 1.77 ounces.  Found at approx. 22 inches deep if I recall correctly.  

I have a feeling the wash has more at depth, maybe some big ones.  Anyone have a 4x4 backhoe? :D

1.77ouncer1.jpg

1.77ouncer2.jpg

• Like 6

"Hey Rob",  You can use "me" as a Backhoe,....I like digging ditches and trenches; and with nuggets like that my back and arms can dig it!  That's how I got these five over a two-day dig.    The second photo is a nugget I got out of Lynx Creek.  :ph34r:    Let me know if you want to go digg'n  :) ...B)  Gary

003.JPG

004.JPG

• Like 2

• Admin

Hey Mike,

Great question, it was found with the GPX unit. :D This was actually found before the GPZ was released, but I have been back to the area with the SDC 2300 and the GPZ one time each.  I found 7 small, rough nuggets with the SDC on a hillside one time, then came back with the GPZ about a year later and found 3-4 nuggets in the 1-2 Gram range deeper in the wash.  I thought about running the GPZ 19-inch down this wash, but haven't as of yet.