Nice Russian Gold Nugget from Customer

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is a very nice nugget, I believe 500 Grams worth, found in Russia with a Minelab metal detector.  A customer of mine sent it over and mentioned there has been nuggets up to 17lbs found within the last year with metal detectors.  The Minelab GPZ 7000's are starting to get over there with the new 19-inch coils. 

I'm hoping to have some more pictures soon. 

russia.jpg

• Like 4

Man thats a hunk of gold!
  Pretty cool looking also.

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Ya, a nice chunk of gold.  From what my friend mentioned, it's illegal to search for gold.  I never asked him what would happen if they were caught using detectors or mining, but I guess since there is some really good, untouched goldfields in Russia, it's worth the risk to find the gold and then hopefully sell it outside of Russia. 

The demand for metal detectors and supplies over the last couple of years has increased into that region. 

I'm hoping to have a few more pictures coming soon from him. 

• Admin

Hey AuWanderer,

Thanks. I'm trying to get a few more along with some videos I was promised.  The moment I get them, they gave me permission to post them.  I heard of a 17 pounder, so I'm hoping I can get a picture of that one.  They were not specific if the piece was a specimen or solid gold nugget.  I guess either way it's one hell of a piece!

• Like 1

I have a couple buddies who immigrated here from Russia a few years ago. From what they have told me (not about gold mining, just life in general), you can do pretty much anything in Russia as long as you've got enough cash on hand to bribe your way out of trouble...

That's an amazing looking nugget!