You that Pre-Order the Gold Monster 1000

If you be one that has put your hard earn money down from your bleeding hands do you know why ? I must admit bleeding hands was a little over the hill but maybe I got your attention now.

We should all know that Minelab is not going to put out a detector that would put all it's high dollar detectors to shame. Now that we got that down and written in stone let us look what we do want.

I keep hearing that the Gold Monster 1000 was made for another market in another country. I say Minelab we here in the USA likes metal detectors too.

I myself wasn't thinking about at the time I ordered the 1000 what it could do over others like some said the Gold Bug 2.. Oh I've had a Gold Bug 2 and the Gold Bug Pro and by that it can't be just good  but  lots better than both. I like any detector that is all digital and what I see of the 1000 it is that. That along got me to take another look at it plus being total auto was a big factor too..

I don't know about you but I've been making dry runs to my door to meet UPS with my Gold Monster 1000.

Please tell me what you want out of your Gold Monster 1000. ( Hope the Monster of this detector is friendly. )

Chuck 

• Like 1

Matt

I believe it will have what you want in this detector.Look at it this way in that Minelab wanted to build a seller and if they didn't think it wouldn't be it would never made it off paper. As I get older I look for a detector with less weight and this is another star with me in the 1000.

Chuck 

I personally want and expect nothing of it as a detector, however what I want out of it as a vehicle, is a method/vehicle to bring new people into the hobby who run screaming for the door when I tell the, how much I have invested in my 5000, batteries, gold screamers, and coils. So many people in this world, (including here in America in this economy) just can't afford nor justify even $1,000.00 + for a gold detector and this gives them a way to get into the hobby without losing everything in a divorce when the wife sees the empty detector box hidden in the trash bin outside.

I won't buy one (I don't need one), but I already know several people at my office who want them and are ready for me to take them to Gold Basin...

Jen

Edited by jjbond
  • Like 3

Im real curious about the GM-I just picked up a nice used XT18000 which Ive owned before and did really well with it years ago-But this new one does have my attemtion-Lets face it even though minelab is way over priced they are the best for now and have been for years -so what you going to do-I just wish that someone else {an american company}

would make an affordable minelab Beater-come on fisher-whites and garret Im still waiting :wacko: Mike C...:ph34r:

• Admin

Hey Guys/Gals,

I'm just glad to be honest Minelab built the Gold Monster.  For the last 3-4 years, Minelab was way behind on a new VLF.  The Eureka Gold was loosing interests fast when it was listed at over $1000 MAP, then they lowered the price and I still didn't see a big pick up in sales.  There are just too many VLF's on the market ranging from like 20khz to 71khz.  Many of the newer VLF detectors are running that mid-range freq from around 48-55khz or so.  This seems to be the new range where most high end VLF's will benefit on not solely small gold, but a much wider range of gold and able to balance in higher mineralized ground.  

From what I experienced over the years with VLF's the high freqs ran great on exposed bedrock, mine dumps and places with low to moderate mineralization.  However, the mid-freq VLF's seem to run much smoother on high mineralization where large amount of iron or volcanics were present in the soil.  

I love the GB2 @ 71khz with the small 6.5-inch coil on many dumps  that contain just traces of gold in the ore or quartz.  Also, if you're drywashing and vac-packing, you can't beat running the GB2 over these areas after the bedrock is cleaned off.  The Gold Makro with the small coil does close to the same, but I still give the edge on very small gold to the GB2.  

The Gold Monster 1000 in my opinion will not be running against these units solely.  I have heard and even mentioned it might be Fisher Goldbug 2 competition, but I meant more of the Original Gold Bug and Pro, which operate at 19Khz. 

It will be interesting to see and no doubt increase Minelab's sales in the VLF range, which I feel they lost over the last 3-4 years with the Eureka Gold. 

Minelab says that JP was a tester of the Gold Monster 1000 and had another tester in the US but not a word from anyone on any forum. 

I just asking the question why has nobody said a word be it neg are pos about the Gold Monster 1000  ?The only thing Minelab says that it will be here soon.

Rob if the Monster has been out for 3 are 4 years then why is it taking so long to get something that isn't something new to the US ?

You would think if it's been out that long somebody would have made a video of it long ago.Who knows maybe it was being sold under another name.

Whatever this detector has are don't have I've got my order in and looking forward to receiving it

I'll write my own review when I get it.

Chuck.

23 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Minelab says that JP was a tester of the Gold Monster 1000 and had another tester in the US but not a word from anyone on any forum. 

I just asking the question why has nobody said a word be it neg are pos about the Gold Monster 1000  ?The only thing Minelab says that it will be here soon.

Rob if the Monster has been out for 3 are 4 years then why is it taking so long to get something that isn't something new to the US ?

You would think if it's been out that long somebody would have made a video of it long ago.Who knows maybe it was being sold under another name.

Whatever this detector has are don't have I've got my order in and looking forward to receiving it

I'll write my own review when I get it.

Chuck.

It's not been out 3-4 years, it's brand new.

Jen

I was just reading about Africa and what they like in a gold detector. One thing they do like is one with less buttons and settings to nugget hunt. By that I can see why Minelab came up with the Gold Monster 1000 as a turn on and go.

Have you seen a map of Africa where you can find gold ? Looks as if it's over most of the country.

If I didn't like me so much I'd go there.

Chuck 

Last week I got my issue of Lost Treasure and this is for may. I looked that mag. from one end to the other and you don't find a word are a stand alone picture about the Gold Monster 1000. I've got to hand it to Minelab they keep this detector under wrap. I know I've turned the net over to see if anything would fall out but that's not to be.

I think being Minelab has been so tight lip about this detector has peak my interest more on others that I've ordered. I'm sure for the money it can't be a super detector but I'll own it. What can I say I own a Go-Find too.

Well the powers that be said all will come to a head in April.I has married my X on April Fools Day so after that it's all up from here..

Isn't love wonderful ?

Chuck 

Edited by Ridge Runner

10 minutes ago, nuggethunting said:

Hey Jen and Chuck,

To be honest I have been so busy with my day job I haven't heard a peek from Minelab on the new Gold Monster 1000's release date.  I remember at the Conference hearing something like mid-April.  

Thx Rob 

• 3 weeks later...

I watched a demo of the Gold Monster, it has a great sensitivity to small nuggets! I watched 2 fly specks pulled with it. As for a need, it can find very small gold and also it can find gold in matrix that a PI will not hit on, again it was proven to me in a demo. 1 9 pound stone with over 7 ounces inside would not sound at all with a PI with any coil or setting. The GPZ picked it up as did the vlf's. The advantage of the Gold Monster over the GB2 is the Gold Monster sets itself, no adjustments. I plan on hitting some areas with tailings piles. The Gold Monster is perfect for those patches.....again no gpx is good. I have a GPX with NF Evo coils. My plan of opration is use the Monster to find a patch, then have the wife hit it with her SDC 2300, then go back over it with the GPX for deeper targets. Just my opinion....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TxGoldDigger said:

My plan of opration is use the Monster to find a patch, then have the wife hit it with her SDC 2300, then go back over it with the GPX for deeper targets. Just my opinion....

.... or save all the trips and hit it once with a Zed :D

Of all things I get June issue of Lost Treasure yesterday but can't find a word about the Gold Monster 1000. Minelab not saying a word until  Gm1000 is out.

If I had Golden hair like you Jen just maybe I could spin gold out of nothing. Then take that gold and go buy the 7000 to find more gold. My trouble is here I am with gray hair and I can't remember what color it was years ago. I do have a wife that did have golden hair but I know now it's comes out of a bottle.

Oh well I'll just swing my GM 1000 when I get it and be happy. That's what it's all about Being Happy.

Chuck

1 minute ago, Ridge Runner said:

If I had Golden hair like you Jen just maybe I could spin gold out of nothing. Then take that gold and go buy the 7000 to find more gold. My trouble is here I am with gray hair and I can't remember what color it was years ago.

Chuck

The only reason I have golden hair is because I bleach it, be glad you don't, its expensive looking this cheap.

Jen

• Like 1

• Admin

Hey Chuck and all,

I haven't received an email or anything about the Gold Monster 1000's release, but seen this on Minelab website -

GOLD MONSTER 1000 - Available for purchase worldwide from May 8th 2017 onwards

http://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-notices?article=309482

Here are a couple of new Youtube videos showing it on small gold and a specimen -

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...