300 + Nugget Patch Found several years ago

• Admin

Hello All,

Thanks for all that participated in the recent "guess the weight" contest.  The story behind these gold nuggets is a nice nugget patch.  Several years ago in a pretty well known gold nugget region, several partners and I found an overlooked placer zone.  The old-timers poked around, so we know they found some gold, but just didn't investigate it further to find a larger overlooked zone.  

Here is a portion of the gold nuggets that were found in this overlooked nugget patch.  The contest weight was roughly 6 ounces, but contained over 300 gold nuggets ranging in sizes from just a few grains to around 3/4's of an ounce.  Sure wish I had this collection still, but the Baby need new shoes! :P

Congrats to GPX Power for winning the recent contest.  

Below is a picture of the gold nuggets found in this nice patch.  Keep in mind, this was only a portion of the gold.  The area is now under private claim and currently being worked.  

300nuggetpatch.jpg

• Like 5

• Admin

Hey Matt,

I know we kept a pretty good tally on the weight and it went over a few pounds out of this zone.  Makes you think what the old-timers got in some of the really good areas they worked the crap out of.  I need to get out and start scanning again, I know there are more out there.  My motivation level this year has been about "zero."  

1 hour ago, nuggethunting said:

Hey Matt,

I know we kept a pretty good tally on the weight and it went over a few pounds out of this zone.  Makes you think what the old-timers got in some of the really good areas they worked the crap out of.  I need to get out and start scanning again, I know there are more out there.  My motivation level this year has been about "zero."  

Better hurry! The heat is starting to knock on the door :)
Tom H.

Almost time to go East and go fishing for the summer! The Kayak and fishing rods are calling me hard every time I go into the garage! Oh and the tackle is spread out all over table usually reserved for detector gear. Ice will be out in next couple of weeks or so ... then there will be nothing other than living quarters availability holding me back!!! Tight lines to all of you who detect AND fish! :P

Mike F

• Admin

Hey Mike,

I almost pulled the trigger last month and purchased a real nice Bass boat.  Figured I was a bit burned out on nugget shooting, been doing it for over 20+ years now pretty hard.  Thought it would be nice to get out on the Lake with my Father and fish for a bit.  He convinced me I would only use it once in a great while, so I didn't do it. 

Any good Lakes up in the pines that you can fish from the banks and have decent luck?  Figured when it gets hot down here in the Valley, the family and I might head up North and do some fishing/camping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nuggethunting said:

Hey Mike,

I almost pulled the trigger last month and purchased a real nice Bass boat.  Figured I was a bit burned out on nugget shooting, been doing it for over 20+ years now pretty hard.  Thought it would be nice to get out on the Lake with my Father and fish for a bit.  He convinced me I would only use it once in a great while, so I didn't do it. 

Any good Lakes up in the pines that you can fish from the banks and have decent luck?  Figured when it gets hot down here in the Valley, the family and I might head up North and do some fishing/camping.

Rob:
 Dad and I always go up to willow springs in Aug. for 3 days and he usually limits out.

Its great up there during the monsoons, nice and cool. Makes you forget about the heat.

Extra company would be nice to have if you feel like it.

Tom

• Like 1

Hi Guys & Gals Was at the ISE sportsmans show in Phx. Interestin new toy for fishin ,no room for the wife, dog,& rugrat's though. It's  called Go Boat $ 400 bucks . check it on you tube [their vidoes suck.] Computer dummy here can't figger out the link. check it out on goggle or u tube . 45 pounds without the battery  & trollin motor  DDOG  :unsure:

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks!

Tom - Thanks for the info on the Lake.  Thanks for the invite.  I just want you and your Father to know, I appreciate all the times you have opened up to me and invites me out.  Don't think for a moment I don't think about your generosity my friends. :P I'm so busy most of the time by the time I have a day off I'm so tired to do anything. 

Ddog - I will search for that video.  Might be interesting. 

• Like 3

Jen ... Gold is only one of my interests. Hunting, fishing, shooting, camping, trail riding(with my RZR, woodworking to name a few! In short variety is the spice of life! And it keeps this ole boy happy, healthy and best of all young at heart and mind ... Notice I didn't say body as it hurts the next day! ... and keeps the boredom and depression from rearing its ugly head again! :)

• Like 4

Hey Rob, you can ask me anytime about pretty much any lake or stream in the state. Been an avid fly fisherman here in Az. for over 30 years. I've pretty much been there and done that when it comes to fishing in Az. Willow Springs can be a great fishery. I spend quite a bit of time there myself, since I live so close. If you want easier fishing for the kids, Woods Canyon, just down the road from Willow, seems to get rather eager (stupid) stockers and has boat rentals as well. Both lakes also do have some larger carry over fish that are usually caught more often during spring and fall. They can get a lot of attention during the summer months so small stockers are the norm during the summer. There are also bass and trout in both. Starting last year they stocked a highbred called tiger trout. They can be rather feisty, and should be some decent sized carry overs available this year. Dennis

Yup, weekends in the summer months are pretty much a zoo at any of the rim lakes these days. Rob, best to get up there before May 1st for a less crowded experience. Of course middle of the week is not usually as crowded either. Dennis