Passing of Smokey Baird of Northern Nevada

• Admin

Hello All,

Sad to hear that Smokey Baird, one of the long time great nuggetshooters of the Northern Nevada range has passed.  I heard he was battling Cancer for some time.  Smokey touched a lot of nuggetshooters over the years.  I met him back in the early 90's when a few of us make a trip up to Northern Nevada to explore some of "Oakie" Jim Malone's claims and give Rye Patch a whirl.  We met him off the road heading up to Jim's place and he chatted for over an hour.  He was very friendly and helpful since we really didn't have a clue at that time where we were really going.  

Over the years I would talk with Smokey along with many of my customers bumping into him in the field around Northern Nevada.  He will truly be missed.  

You can see some of his pictures and gold on Bill and Linda's page - http://www.billandlindaprospecting.com/smokey.html

God Bless you my Friend.  There is no doubt you're in Heaven for all the great help you have been over the years! 

• Like 1