NF Evo finds me 1/4oz patch in Gold Basin

Recently purchased a used Nugget Finder Evo from a forum member... wasn't planning on a trip to Gold Basin this weekend but woke up Sunday morning, jumped in the truck, was there having a nice breakfast by 11:00AM, said hi to some friends, jumped on the side of a ridge and BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM.... all within an hour, all within 150'... spent the next couple hours checking the area around it, nice tight little patch..

Cleaned up, no dirt... 9.29 grams, over a quarter ounce troy, at today's price of $40.48 per gram = $376.05 US$ BOOOO YAAAAAAA fuel and coil paid for.. awesome day in Gold Basin...

Jen

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks to all the individual "go gettem gal" comments, too many to individually thank... much appreciated.

Someone asked how deep the Evo found them.... all 5 were less than a foot down, most closer to 6", tucked under brush (as you can see in the picture), with this picture showing the deepest hole I dug. The even crazier part was that for such coarse gold, I was shockingly close to the crest of the ridge I was on and the source was clearly not directly above me, leaving this spot and circling several hundred spots around found nothing. I'd almost hazard to bet that the source outcropping was right in this patch, under scrub I walked by etc... I said earlier the patch was 150' wide but it was probably more like under 75' after having looked at my tracks on my Garmin 60csx that I tracked my paths in.

nugget.jpg

Edited by jjbond
  • Like 1