Welp....got out today with Dad and hit a new area.....(close to a old area)

Dad went up the main wash and I hit a smaller one. After seeing much detecting activity I decided to "hop" over the hill to an area I googled, but you could not see it from the main wash. Got into it and right away started getting all kinds of boot tacks/nail/drywasher bellows nail...lots of crap! The washes had a lot of throw piles off to the sides and im hitting the bigger wash and tribs. Found the two bigger ones within 20 yrds of each other off to the side of the wash. After 3 hrs its time to meet dad at the truck. Dad shows me all his junk and then drops one of the smaller nugs. "look what I found in a area some guys worked with a drywasher"  :) We decide to go back in the the GB2 and do some placering.  I got a couple of the little ones, got bored/tired and got the Minelab fired up again. Scooting down the wash I get a really nice sweet signal. Start removing dirt and see two fly poops.

Put the coil over it and its really loud! Called dad over so he could see the dig. Well.....my big piece of treasure with the fly poops was a dern nail!.

Glad it was there though. I would not have heard the poops with the 13x17 coil.

Dad scored one more in the wash.

Really a great day out. Good Lord blessed us with some gold, good times and got home safe. Weather was absolutely fantastic!!!!

Heres the video of the big let down on the nail :)

Enjoy!
Tom H

1.jpg

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Great nuggets you and your Dad located.  The Fisher Goldbug Pro and Fisher Goldbug 2 are great for the very small nuggets some of the PI's and other detectors will miss right on bedrock.  I have a Goldbug 2 that I need to take back to a few washes and crumb crunch! 

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. 

• Like 1