Thanks Rob (little bit of gold)

Me and some friends from the forums ran into Rob this weekend and he put us onto a nice spot.

I found the bigger one at his spot and the smaller one at another place further away that he'd also recommended to me a little while back.

It's not much but atleast I beat the skunk. It's the first gold I've found this year. I haven't been detecting much but when I did get out I wasn't finding anything so it was great to finally snag something.

The two together weigh just over half a gram. Found with GPZ 7000. That little one was actually pretty loud on the detector.

IMG_5236.thumb.jpg.ee1024712db10da196e620481534fe4c.jpg

Edited by Tortuga
  • Like 2

• Admin

Hey Tortuga,

Great to bump into you guys.  If I didn't have to work on equipment, I might have been able to go out and detect with you guys.  After working on equipment for most of the day, I did run over some spots with the GPZ 7000 and found a small one.  

Great meeting Mike, Bob and seeing you again!  Lets get something going down South like we talked about. 

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I think a part of GV Goldfiend burned, at least the Northern portion I think.  I doubt in the burned area there will be grass or chiggers.  That being said, I hate detecting through tall or thick grass and dealing with the chiggers. I found wearing Snake Gaiters are a huge help in preventing the Chiggers from getting into your shoes/socks.  The last time I worked the high grass, I wore almost knee high socks, high top no metal boots, long pants with a rubber band around the bottom and the Snake Gaiters.  Never got a single chigger bite ..... just don't sit down! :P

7 hours ago, nuggethunting said:

Hey Guys, 

I have a few customers that want instructions before it gets too hot.  I might try to schedule something down there soon.  Great seeing you all. 

Any luck on the Roadrunner claims? 

We still never got around the trying the RR claims. Maybe in the fall when Mike is back and if Bob ever replaces his GB II with an SDC :P

And I just roll my pant legs up and spray a lot of OFF on my boots, socks, shins and knees and on the outside of my pants to fight the chiggers. Hasn't failed me yet.

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

And I just roll my pant legs up and spray a lot of OFF on my boots, socks, shins and knees and on the outside of my pants to fight the chiggers. Hasn't failed me yet.

yea I never had a problem with the chiggers down there just the tall grass.