Friend found some nice new Gold Specimens

Nice nuggets! :)

Yah, its slow...everything is slow right now...even me! 
To gross out to do much.

Tom H.

Dont want to hi-jack this post, but here is a macro pic of a 3 gram specie I found about 3 yrs ago.

Only piece of gold  I found in the whole wash. 

Macros really bring out the cool details :)

Tom H. 

cool specie1.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AuWanderer said:

Nice specimens....okay here's one found a few years back.....get the juices rolling....

20170423_162402.jpg

Wow! Thats a sweet one! :) 

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Fishing8046 - The specimen on the left has some quartz and iron as the host rock.  This is very common for quartz specimens to have iron mineralization mixed with it.  Iron is kind of like the Mother of Gold. 

AuWanderer - Some great looking pieces you have shown.  Did you happen to find or metal detect them? 

Tom - Great Makro shot.  I need to get a new camera with a good Macro lens on it.  What are you using in that nugget shot? 

Hey Guys,

What I forgot to add was one of the pieces is 35 Grams and the other is like 43 if I remember correctly.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nuggethunting said:

Hey Guys,

Fishing8046 - The specimen on the left has some quartz and iron as the host rock.  This is very common for quartz specimens to have iron mineralization mixed with it.  Iron is kind of like the Mother of Gold. 

AuWanderer - Some great looking pieces you have shown.  Did you happen to find or metal detect them? 

Tom - Great Makro shot.  I need to get a new camera with a good Macro lens on it.  What are you using in that nugget shot? 

Hey Guys,

What I forgot to add was one of the pieces is 35 Grams and the other is like 43 if I remember correctly.  

Rob:

Just a Sony Nex3 with a Macro lens.

Its all about how you set it up and take pics. I took a lot of pics to get this one. 

"film" is cheap these days :)
Tom H.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 3:31 PM, AuWanderer said:

Thanks...nice to have some to pull out on days , weeks and months of skunk or just tidbits to remind one self never to give up.

two more.....pics....

20170713_091542.jpg

20170713_085409.jpg

That! is some crazy looking gold! Unreal :)

Is that bottom one a rye patch nug?
Tom

Edited by oldies1955
  • Like 1

Thank you Tom,

It's not a rye patch nug, all my finds are from the Motherlode region of California. Wish I had the time to drive to Nevada but I don't. One day I will, until then I hunt for California's gold....that one in particular was passed by my hunting partner....I followed behind and got it.... :) 

• Like 3