GPAA Lancaster,CA Show

This was our first time out as a Vendor B) and what a joy! :D:D:D

We were in the same booth as Carol and Les Berg since they have become the new Distributor for our product, and James Gifford of Tesoro, what a great bunch of people. :D

Scott and Sally Harn of the ICMJ Prospecting and Mining Journal were right across the isle as well as Pioneer Mining, Auburn CA, "Home of the Blue Bowl"

Jim Straight, also attended the show, handed me a detector from the table adjacent to us, asked me to turn it 'off', and proceeded to pick another and further demonstrate it's capibilities to someone. I was in the process of showing our product to someone and didn't even know it was him at the time and was later asked if I knew who that person was!!??............ :unsure:

Sorry I missed you Jim :( I will give you a call since you were kind enough to send me an e-mail last Thursday.

We also met Kevin Hoagland representing 'Minelab' and Retta from Kingman AZ, Retta's Prospecting Supplies. I told Retta that I'd go prospecting with her anytime after looking at some of the 'color' she brought to the show, and could even offer some security as well :blink: Well, ..............let's just say she is WELL secured!!! B)....I'll let her tell "The Rest of the Story"!

What an absolute great weekend. There's also some "two-leg'ged" Gold out that there as well and we found some this weekend! :D

My Son and I had a blast _GG

Gary

• Admin

Hello Gary,

Glad to hear the show was a success for you. I did the GPAA Mesa show awhile back and it was worth it. I did some good sales at the show, but the residual after the show was termedous!

With the Summer right around the corner I still can keep enough detectors in stock. The X-Terra 70 looks like it might be a big hit for multi-purpose detecting and a great mid-ranged price.

P.S. You still interested in the GM3?

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

gotgold... was that you? I had permission from Les to show the machine. As you know I just wander about helping anyone. I have nothing to sell but good fellowship. I was showing the machine to a newbee... you may have later met him? My concern was leaving it on. I believe I had pushed the right button to turn it off. Thank you for checking it for me... My problem is I'm pretty deaf and sometimes appear to be a rude over-bearing jerk... I hope our brief meeting

was okay?

I was with a 'Nam veteran in a wheelchair. He had contacted me earlier by telephone. I believe he will contact Les later to buy a used one. Money is tight with him... Also, I was concerned that he chose a machine simple and with a meter... I will say Mr. Les Berg MOST HELPFUL! Would you please let him know I really thank him for his help.

Later I met another veteran... X-Marine... We got to "jawing" and I mentioned the Bailey bridge. Back in the 1950's I was in charge of shoving several across a chasm and very concerned about overbalancing and dropping one. Actually I had nightmares even years later losing one in in a chasm. It has happened.

The X-Marine said it was still being used in the 1970's. (Sidebar: The bridge dates back to the middle 1930's and used in WW-2 and Korea. It was designed by a British engineer named Bailey.)

You mention Retta's Gold Machine's. I got one of her business cards. On the backside it has gram-grain conversion factors. Very good to keep for this reason.

(Rob... if you are reading this post I sent you an e-mail.)

Hi Rob,

Two days before the show I got a call from "Mohave John" at the Lifestyle Store in Hesperia, CA one of our dealers. He wanted to know if we were going to be there!

Since I was working on a steel construction project (my 'other job') at the time he called, it's schedule was very important and had to be submitted Friday the day before the Show. I totally spaced out the "Gold Show" !!! :blink:

My Son was in somewhat of the same situation, he's self-employed as I am, and was not going to be finished with work until Friday evening at 5:00pm. :blink::blink: Somehow we managed to print 'flyers', assemble 'table displays', BUY a 'laptop computer' (didn't have one) and 'pack' our gear in less than 7 hours. :rolleyes:

The "Show" paid for itself! We were out of 'flyers' at the very end of the show on Sunday! Printed 75, well worth the cost of color lazer copies on semi-gloss paper. Many of the Dealers said the same Rob about the residuals! I say..... "yee ha". :)

To all the folks in Spokane, WA we're making arrangments on attending this Gold Show also! 'Time fly's when your having fun'. :D

BTW, if the GM3 is still available let me know! Our land line # is noted on our web-site._GG

Gary

gotgold... was that you? I had permission from Les to show the machine. As you know I just wander about helping anyone. I have nothing to sell but good fellowship. I was showing the machine  to a newbee... you may have later met him? My concern was leaving it on. I believe I had pushed the right button to turn it off. Thank you for checking it for me... My problem is I'm pretty deaf and sometimes appear to be a rude over-bearing jerk... I hope our brief meeting

was okay?

Yep Jim, was me!

I'm just sorry I missed shaking a "Howdy"!!! :( . You were not rude or being any of the above, you simply asked me to do something. Continue to "sell that good fellowship", as you well know it's worth the effort. :D

Hey Gary,

Did you get a laptop with XP or 2000? I still haven't gotten around to testing the program in 2000. I also need to respond to your email, but it is on my laptop and I'm to lazy to set it up. I was at the Gold Basin outing and down in Phoenix when I got the email. I was using an unsecured WiFi, got your email, then lost the signal.

So much to do, so little time. :blink:

Goldbug Ron

Hey Gary,

Did you get a laptop with XP or 2000? I still haven't gotten around to testing the program in 2000. I also need to respond to your email, but it is on my laptop and I'm to lazy to set it up. I was at the Gold Basin outing and down in Phoenix when I got the email. I was using an unsecured WiFi, got your email, then lost the signal.

So much to do, so little time. :blink:

Goldbug Ron

Hi Ron,

The laptop we purchased has windows 98XP installed on it. We haven't tested it on 2000 either, there may be some support issues with 2000. This is one thing, testing it on other platforms, that we just haven't had time to do yet but it's 'high' on our "to do list"!

Like you said, "So much to do, so little time. :blink:" _GG

Gary