Virus on the AZO Forum?

• Admin

Hello All,

Anyone have trouble accessing the AZO Forum? I had it saved in my favorite and check it about 15 minutes ago and the Norton Anti-Virus popped up and said the site had a virus. Looks like the site is also down ...

Anyone else experience this problem or virus alert? :(

Rob Allison

I was getting an alert on Bill's forum the other week too but not on the AZO. The message said that a "downloader" was present...probably some kind of tracking software.

Holy smoke Batman! You weren't kidding...Trojan Horse warning. I had a hard time getting out of there because the page wouldn't close. Had to use Alt/F4 several times!!! :o

• Admin

Hello Guys,

I tried the site late last night and also got the "Trojan Horse" Virus warning. I had to run the full Norton Anti-Virus scan twice to get it off my computer.

I really don't want to go through all that again, so if someone would please post here when it's back online I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rob Allison

Rob. I was on the phone to Chris last night when it struck. I also got the virus alert. Chris shut it down as quickly as he could to prevent spread and I'm sure Joe is working on it . The site is offline for now. First Bill and now Chris. Hope you aren't next. ----Bob

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of cleaning things up and should have everything back up and running shortly. We're also doing a much needed upgrade at the same time so things should be even better once I'm done. With all of the attacks that go on with forums in general, we're really fortunate that this is the first real attack we've had in several years and hopefully with some new security measures I'll be putting in place it will be several more years before it happens again. Attacks are attempted on forums like these on a regular basis, most of the time we can prevent them from being successful, but sometimes they find a way around our securities.

I'll keep everyone posted as to when the forums are back up and running smoothly. Thanks for the understanding! We'll be back up and better than before soon!

Joe Kauffman

Have you ever wondered why these people spend time and energy just to screw up peoples computers. And do you think they sit back and say "wow, that's quite an accomplishment I made".

I will never understand what drives people to do stupid and destructive things just for kicks. :rolleyes: Go figure :blink: