how much dif between gp3000 - gp3500?

hey all! i have an old freind whos got a chance to buy a gp 3000 with 4 dif. coils+2 batterys,harness, and2 eastwing picks for $1800 and he would like to know if thats good deal and or if there is enough difference between the 3000 and the 3500 he should spend extra and buy the 3500. he wants to buy my 3500 but... he hasnt offerd the right$$$$ yet. i dont know any 3000 owners to compare to please help guys. thanks, Tool oh also ive got an old whites coinmaster no.4 the metal box type if any one collects these and wnts it let me know.

a good deal is one where both sides are happy...the ability to choose the tracking speed would be worth a considerable difference to me...however 1800 is a good price when you consider each coil is worth at least 100 bucks, each battery is worth 50 bucks and each pick-one for each hand- is worth 30 bucks...has the detector been back to Minelab for a check-up???On the other hand 3500's are selling for 2500 bucks with some nice add-ons...Money is not my first consideration...find the money to get what you really want...if you know what that is.

Fred

Dear tool;

The biggest difference between the GP3000 and the GP3500 is about $600.00. :D

Your friend;

LAMAR

:lol: thanks for the replies guys he bought it and i guess i get to test it for him since he dosent think he can make it to az. this year so my partner and i will get to compare them together in same area should be interesting for us, all we need now is a 4000 to join in. :lol: Tool

Hi Tool,

The biggest difference between the GP3000 and The GP3500 is actually 2 things, one being the green ground balance button on the handle which is far more ergonomic than the switch on the box as the GP3000 has. The other bigger difference is the ability to select a tracking speed to suit the ground conditions and minimise the risk of tracking out a good target. Medium speed is a good option, with fast speed being about the GP3000's setting. BTW a handle ground balance switch like I did to my GP3000 a few years ago when I had it, is definitely a good investment in time and money as it makes the job that much easier to run in Fixed mode. Cheers.

I've also heard Gerry gives some rip roaring training as well, hooks up his headphones to your detector while you listen on yours and trails along walking and advising behind you. I may take him up on a lesson sometime.