It's a Hard Days Work

Yes it's true, The 29 Prospector is still among the living. I was hoping that this season would give me some time to work the claims but it's been slow. The first 3 time out I've caught people working our site with signs and paperwork in plain site. Well Doc and I got out yesterday and busted our butts on some very hard calachi. We had decided to remove and expose as much of the calachi as possible. Our gold return was small, by small I mean we could have bought 2 cheap cans of beans. I believe every muscle and joint in my body hurts today but it was well worth. Hope the pictures show what we are working and have available to us.

O'29er in 29

29prospector

Nothing has changed in the last hundred years are more,with alot of work and very little pay. Then when you see lots of gold you forget all the times you didn't get any.

I've never worked so hard for so little sometimes and yet enjoyed it so much. If this had been the job I retired from and it didn't pay more than prospecting I'd found another one.

All that work that keeps you young! :D

Take care!

Chuck Anders

Hey 29,

Looks like your back in the swing of things again. Better do it now cause its going to get hot real soon.

Bob, shoot me your E-mail again, and check to see if its right.

I sent you a couple E-mails on two different days and they were kicked back to me. You have mine.

Remember that place we dry washed when you were over here? Well I guess someone got big dollar signs in their eyes and its now under claim.

Bob T.

Hey 29,

Looks like your back in the swing of things again. Better do it now cause its going to get hot real soon.

Bob, shoot me your E-mail again, and check to see if its right.

I sent you a couple E-mails on two different days and they were kicked back to me. You have mine.

Remember that place we dry washed when you were over here? Well I guess someone got big dollar signs in their eyes and its now under claim.

Bob T.

Bob T,

Good to hear from you. I shot an e-mail off to you. I explained a little more about Saturdays work. Now for my question. Do you hunt in the summer at all? Early morning or late evening? I still want to get over your way and maybe up to Bill's. I would like to hook up with Rob also somewhere down the line. It just seems like time gets away from me.

O'29er

Hi Bob, looks like your in the groove again and making some progress. Thanks as always for the pics. I hope this is a a good dig and there is a lot of gold there for you. I hope Doc does well with his diggin's too. Ok Bob nice to see you posting and chat to you later my friend and God Bless.

John Tomlinson,CET

John's Detectors

Hi Bob, looks like your in the groove again and making some progress. Thanks as always for the pics. I hope this is a a good dig and there is a lot of gold there for you. I hope Doc does well with his diggin's too. Ok Bob nice to see you posting and chat to you later my friend and God Bless.

John Tomlinson,CET

John's Detectors

Thanks John. I broke thru the calachi in one spot and hit compacted sand. This is not a bad thing unless the sand is deep. The good part is where there is sand there is bedrock.

O'29er

.......The first 3 time out I've caught people working our site with signs and paperwork in plain site....
Bob, are you taking names and asking questions. What part of Claim Jumping do these boneheads Not Understand?

Hey, I'd be willing to give up my day, evening and night jobs :huh:... to become an active claims gaurdian....that is of course, if the pay was right. :rolleyes::lol:

Gary

• Admin

Hello 29Prospector,

Great to see you're still out there pounding the dirt and finding some color. If we had to make a living at this gold stuff it would be tough. Too much "hit and miss."

However, the friendship, wildlife & muscle workout :D is the true gold.

Hope you're beeping all those holes after you dig them up.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Rob,

I have to tell you, I was ready to quit and move on to a new spot after the tractor guy screwed up the hole. I stayed with it and with the help of Micro-Nugget and a 3 day stay at the mine we were able to find our seam again. The fun now is instead of snaking back under the bank, I'm sitting right on top of it.

As for the beeping, check the hole and all tailings with the GB2. I've been spending at least 2 hours each trip on the Extreme getting use to it. Many thanks to Steve for making it possible to get it. I spent 4 days at Gold Basin with it. That is all I used was the Extreme. I know this much, Gold Basin is about 10 pounds lighter in lead, casings and old pieces of iron. My best find, at about 15 inches, was a rusty piece of plumbers tape about 8 inches long. So I know it works, just got to get it over the gold.

29er

• Admin

Hello 29Prospector,

I heard you purchased Steve F's used GP Extreme. I know it can find gold, cause I've hunted with Steve many times down South over the years. I believe I sold him that GP Extreme.

Good to hear you're back onto the gold seam. Hope to see more stories and pictures in the near future.

Rob Allison

It does feel good to be back into the seam. It's alot like drifting along a vein except its under my feet. The Extreme has picked up faint sound twice now and both times after checking with the GB2, it's turned out to be gold inbedded in calachi. Both pieces were small(4grains) and very close to the surface. At this time all I'm working with is a 11'DD coil. Hope to pick up a small mono and a 14" mono. this year. April is about the last month for us thats good working weather. I'm planing a 4 day worker toward the end of the month. Also want to make the Morristown BLM meeting. The BLM is hitting your all in AZ. with what we have had to live with to a degree for almost 10 years now. Of course ours has a fancy name to make people think that the BLM and the LIBS are good people. Ours is called "The Desert Protection Act". Enough said. I can still mine so for now we are safe in some areas. I just don't want to see the same happen to AZ.

O'29er

29er,

I DO BELIEVE maybe you cant see the artistic geological inspirations involved with these pictures of yours now... but later on in your life ...when you get REAL old...they could be great canadates for framing!

Thanks for the visuals digger!

Bigfoot

Bigfoot,

Thanks. Good to hear from you. Its been a rough year so far but hopefully things will start to mellow out. Everyday since last November to this week has been 1 CF after another. Never a dull moment in our house. It sure did feel good to start digging again. I've missed it. Been busy checking out claim areas and looking for backup areas as well.

O'29er