Shep and Grubstakes hunt today

Well Shep showed up around 6:45 this morning, and we headed to the patch. We hunted all day, finding nails, lead, wire, 22 short casings, This patch is not easy to hunt, lot and lots of brush, you just have to plow your way through it, and try to get your coil in to some really bad places. Shep had a heart stoper today, he was on his knee's digging a target, when he saw something out of the corner of his eye, a snake just a few inches from him, lucky for him it was a gopher snake, it just sat there. But it could have just as easyly been a rattler, plenty of them on that patch. Here what we have to detect in, not open like the desert for sure. We both ended up tired and dirty, no gold, but it was not for lack of trying. Grubstake

Hey gary,

Glad you got out today as I was out taking a buddy out for his first trip and an awesome first find with a metal detector. He happy as a clam at high tide but his arm is about to fall off from swinging that GBII all day.

I dug more nails and bullets than I have in the last 5 outtings that I have done. I decided the old miners were some real pigs!

I did however find a virtual nugget bigger than Jerry's. It was so big we couldn't load it in the truck so i will have to go back to pick it up later. lol

Drill a hole in it and put some vinagar in a bottle, drop in some baking soda and run,! That should bust up that nugget! :P Glad yo got out too, temps were pretty good until late in the afternoon. But it was still kind of hot for me.You get you three wheel going yet? Gary

Got first full day in with the Coiltec 14" round mono, at the patch. Suprised how sensitive it is on small targets! Had some problems with hotrocks. We've had nuggets deep and just laying on the surface, so I had to identify all targets. No gold as Grubstake said, but I'm happy!

Ah yes Mariposa co. What a jungle this place is.

That's the way most of my place looks. Can't waight to move the dozer from town to the mine.

I have to finsh painting it.I think it is only for the trip out there.8 hrs. in the jungle and there probley won't be any paint left on it.

Good luck on your next trip,Matt

Hey Grubstake,

How you doing ole buddy? Crawlin around the jungle were ya!

Well I got out Thrusday, first time I’ve been out since me and Rob got back. I just couldn’t muster up the strength to venture out in the AZ heat. The wasp were everywhere and the cicadas were buzzing up a storm so much that if a rattler was near by I couldn’t have heard it. You guys spoiled us really good; man I wished I were there!

I hope Dorothy is feeling better and say Hi to Uncle Allan and Jerry for me.

Hey Shep, Big eyes :o and Kessler’s :blink:;) . Heres to ya!

I was able to score a Dwt, er and a 4 grain dink, also a 1904 quarter.

post-274-1181499394_thumb.jpg

Yeh Dennis, Dorthy is in chruch today, first time in two weeks, so she is feeling a little better, I enjoyed hunting with you and Rob, Your one of the few guys, that know its not easy to detect up there, because of the brush, but thats where its at, so you just have to wade in to it . I'm usally bleeding like a stck hog, by the end of the day, but that the rest of the story. Ha! Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Grubstake - Sounds like you had a great hunt up there. Sure wish I was there, it's so freaking hot here in Arizona now. Was town in Tucson for 7 days, a bit cooler for detecting and working! :D

Bob T. - Have you been hunting much? I can't wait for the pushes to start back on the 24K claims. Have some good ideas for the club this year and some nice nuggets will be found.

CaptGrumpy - How's it going over there? Heard your friend found a nice 97 grain quartz and gold specimen. If you get a chance, have him post the nuggets here if he would.

Shep - Leaverite and I didn't have any problems on the upper patch with the Coiltek Mono's. I ran mine three days up there and didn't find one single ironstone. Did find a few hot zones, but nothing I couldn't re-balance over and elliminate it. I was running in Sensitive/Smooth most of the time with a Gain of about 13. The first patch Gary took us to I couldn't keep the coil balanced. Some of the worst ground I have hunted with the GPX-4000. I had to use Gary's Wallaby DD Pro the second part of the day and found a nice specimen piece below where you found the 33 Dwter.

Miner Matt - Most the patches were thick, very few areas real open. I'm sure your claims are the same. Wish we could have met up during our visit. Been doing any detecting lately?

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob,

I am putting together a list of sites for him to join and told him most of us frequent here the most.

Gary,

The 3 wheeler is done and ready to get me to the creek and anywhere else there is gold. I will be taking it up to Broke Back on Tuesday with Dennis for another day of hunting. There is a road that is open only to offroad bikes and ATVs that will put us down where he found that nice specimen yesterday (within 10ft). I am looking forward to getting out with Jerry as soon as he gets done goofing off and eventually getting down for a hunt with you.

You Mean Jer actually goofs off? Wow I didn't know that. I though he was a very busy man, grandkids and al, detecting, taking care of his aunt, doing bar-b-q's and such, not to mention competion hunts. Yep your right he must be goofing off in spare time. :lol::lol::lol: Grubstake