Prayers for the 'ol 29'er

29ER: Get well soon and maybe this time I will able to stop by and visit,last time (about 2 years ago) came down with an aliment and could'nt make it , get well soon and send me an e-mail-would love to visit with you. thanks Hammer :)

Bob,

Hope everything is going well for you.

Been awhile since we talked. That area that we went to, the last time that you were over here, is now under claim. :( Guess someone thinks that they are going to get rich, or maybe they are just hawking claims. <_<

I know your going to start feeling better before long, so you watch your hands while those nice ladies are attending to you. :o:lol::rolleyes:

See ya later.

Bob T.

I posted this over at nuggetshooter but it looks like it fell on deaf ears:

Glad he is ok, that experience is horrible for anyone let alone their family.

I have never spoken to him myself but know what its like to be laid up, it just sucks.

Maybe some of us could put together some paydirt from various places we all visit and send it to him so that when he is able he can pan some gold out at home. I'm sure it will be a while before he is ready to do this but it would put a smile on his face knowing we're all pulling for him and that some gold awaits him from many places in the US and has been brought to him just waiting for his recovery.

All we would need is a PO Box or an address of a friend who would be willing to pick up the paydirt and deliver it to him.

Your thoughts?

Any of you folks want to do this?

Yea Rod, I will be more than happy to do my part in this thing.

Knowing Bob, I believe that he would enjoy this very much. Maybe not so much for a dab of gold but for the thoughts behind it.

Rod you have to remember that there are a lot of folks who post on these various forms, that have no idea where they can go and scoop up a small bag of dirt that will have a few flakes of color in it. It's not that hard for those of us that have been around for a lot of year's, but we may not be in the majority.

Then you will have a few who will just not expend any time or effort whatsoever to bring a ray of sunshine into someone else's life.

Then you have the talker's who really glow, until it come's time for action, then they just fade away.

You see what I'm saying, the field can get very small in the end.

Anyway if you pull it off let me know and I will do my part. Will even kick in a few bucks for shipping if need be.

Bob T.

Thanks Bob and Flak :D

Bob I completely agree :D

Flak I know some spots that with a nice amount of fines, flakes and maybe a picker or two, good panning material that does not need to be salted.

I'd be willing to vac up a nice large amount say enough for 10 to 20 good pans and pay all the shipping cost and send it to a friend of his to deliver no problem at all.

Or if you don't know where to get good panning material we can find a 3rd party to send some $$ to and have that person buy him some books, magazines, movies, a good one would would be North to Alaska with John Wayne :D Tell you what to get the ball rolling I'll pony up for a new copy of North to Alaska on DVD for him.

Just need to know the who and where :D

Hell if a lot of us did it regardless of the amount of gold, gifts or whatever it would sure put a grin on his face and he might end up with quite a bit of gold if more people donate some dirt B)

Its no fun to be hurt, been there before and it sucks, but it feels good to know your peers are in your corner :D

In addendum to my post above, even if you have no extra $$ or any panning dirt, just send him or a friend of his an email to forward to him, that is plenty enough. If you can do a little more then share it if you choose. No one is keeping score.

Its all about the thought and helping one of your own who is down, because that is what counts :D

• Admin

Hello Rod and others,

Been out of town for a week, so trying to catch up on the forums. I think that would be a great idea. This would give me a chance to try out my new drywasher in a few spots. I would just send him the concentrates so he could pan them down. I know there would be some decent color.

Let me know what you guys come up with.

Rob Allison

Hey Mr. Rod:

I will be going up to my bench on the 17th and can send a nice bag, box, bucket or dump truck full of good pickins. Just need to know where to send it!

Boy what a great idea. California gold, maybe some Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada or where ever else, It would a very impressive collection, and the memories for 29er would be unending.

Hi all, great idea Rod. I'd be happy to try to make this happen. Two ways to get it done. One, email me for his mailing address, japdep@aol.com and send it directly, or I'll give you my address and I'll collect it and forward it on to him. He's talking October before he can even attempt to get out so I like the idea of sending him a few pounds a week instead of one big delivery. Anyone have a better idea? Let's hear it. Later...Jim P.