Grubstake-a classy guy

By way of background, I am a snowbird from Alaska and a relative novice at the detecting game. We are working our way south to Arizona and stopped in Sacramento to visit my wife's sister. I wanted to do some detecting and through lurking on the forums had read lots about the legendary nuggethunter "Grubstake". I sent him a pm and he said come on up and we would go hunting. What a great guy. If anything he is a nicer person than detectorist and that is saying something. He took my out on a short hunt and showed me some public land that I could hunt on. He is also one tough guy. Despite some health issues he still gets out and enjoys the outdoors. Thank you Grubstake and I hope you do great this weekend hunting with your uncle. Ken Pitcher

• Admin

Hey Ken,

You have that right, Grubstake is a classy guy! :wub: Sure wish I could have met Gary about 15 years ago when I first started to really hunt gold hardcore.

Speaking of you, somehow our phone converstation got dumped. I was talking away and all of a sudden I noticed you were not there anymore .... :wacko: I tried to call back, but your phone was busy. Give me a ring when you get into Arizona.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Ken, you need to post or send me a picture of your nugget, You said a couple of DWTS? Sorry I was so sick I couldn't get out with you more. I know theres more in those places I showed you. I know you will be back sometime next week. Give me a call. Grubstake

Thanks Jer, Stella called today, her and Alec are doing ok. Dorthy and I just had a quiet thanksgiving, just the two of us. My uncle will be here tomarrow afternoon, to hunt on SAT. and cut some fire wood part of the day on Sunday. Still not feeling up to par. I could just fire my DR. Dorthy has the same one, and they talked about me. Got Dorthy all upset. Telling her I could go anytime, because of my heart. Hell they don't know how long I've got. Only GOD knows. I have to admit, I've been pretty bad the past few months. Since I had that last big heart attack in JUNe, I've had some really bad small ones. But the nitro and Kadian helps me get through it. Grubstake

Right on Gary just hang in there hell NONE of us know how much time we have anyhow a plane could fall on me as I am typing this :blink:

I didn't take my diuretic for 2 days and swole up with water retention tells me my BP meds aren't workin right and my BP is still to high , have to get back to the Doc's see whats up I took my diuretic and pissed all night long getting rid of the retention.

Good to here Stella and Alec are doing well