Old SD2100 Setup

I'm surprised you got that comment from Minelab...It definitely does target well in the air, although the mineralization of the ground enhances the signal for sure....But a dime at 12" is easily detectable with my old sd2100, with enhancements as previously discribed....all day long...Cheers, Unc

Guest Mike C...
Hi Mike this one may work , take a look at the pdf spec sheet on this one and see if it will fit. price is right. I didnt check all the details on this site. btw Which GPX you swinging these days. AznuggetBob

I couldnt get the link to work

Try searching this. may be what your looking for.

eio.com

Bourns Part# H-22-6A

Hi Bob your link did'nt work-could you try again--I'm using a 4000 right now-I skipped the 4500 because I did'nt think there was enough difference to justify the cost increase :blink:

Ron I'm very surprsed at you after seeing first hand on our shoot out between the 4000 and your 2100 that you would not have made the change by now :wacko: -Mike C... :ph34r:

[

Ron I'm very surprsed at you after seeing first hand on our shoot out between the 4000 and your 2100 that you would not have made the change by now :wacko: -Mike C... :ph34r:

Mike, you mean you still didn't figure out I salted those for you???????????? B):lol::D:D ...Cheers, Unc

I'm surprised you got that comment from Minelab...It definitely does target well in the air, although the mineralization of the ground enhances the signal for sure....But a dime at 12" is easily detectable with my old sd2100, with enhancements as previously discribed....all day long...Cheers, Unc

yeah, I'm pretty disappointed. They were going to replace the machine but said they were out of stock on thursday. When I get it back from minelab LV I will take it back to my dealer for evaluation. I was successful finding many bullets at 2inches, but thats where they are.

Yo Rob & All...If ML is discontinuing the 2100 v2 it's my opinion they're shooting themselves in the foot with the TDI out there... I would think they could capture a lion's share of the purchases that will go to the TDI because the 2100 is a vastly better machine... GREEN BOX ROX! ... Cheers, Unc

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron,

I talked with Minelab and told them it was stupid to discontinue the SD2100 since it has been a long time favorite. There is so much you can do with this detector, plus some believe it goes deeper than any Minelab PI on the market.

Right now at $1,200 the Minelab SD2100v2 is selling for $400 less than the White's TDI. I'm also a firm believe like you Uncle Ron that the SD2100v2 is a better overall metal detector than the White's TDI. I'm real surprised Minelab droppe the price so drastically on the SD2100v2, a savings of $800's right now! :blink:

Today Minelab claimed they had around 30 more SD2100v2's in stock and then the unit would be discontinued. I hope they don't discontinue the unit since it's a great seller.

Anyone looking for a new metal detector, including the SD series can see me at the upcoming Phoenix GPAA Gold Show Feb. 14th and 15th.

Talk with you all later,

Rob Allison

Guest Mike C...
[

Mike, you mean you still didn't figure out I salted those for you???????????? B):lol::D:D ...Cheers, Unc

Well heck Ron you can salt in front of me anytime-but try using at least qtr ozers next time :D -Mike C... :ph34r:

Hey John,

Did Minelab tell you the SD2100v's were out of stock, or the parts to repair it? I talked with them today and they still had about 30 units in stock. Once those are gone the SD2100v2 will be discontinued for good from what I'm told.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob , Bill at Mine lab said they would send me out another new one since mine was DOA brand new, but then called me back to apologize saying the were sold completely out. Bill said I could send mine to Australia for repair but it would take months. If mine is off tune I dont know why they just dont replace it. It should pick up a dime 6" off the ground. my garrett groundhog did that.

Hi Rob , Bill at Mine lab said they would send me out another new one since mine was DOA brand new, but then called me back to apologize saying the were sold completely out. Bill said I could send mine to Australia for repair but it would take months. If mine is off tune I dont know why they just dont replace it. It should pick up a dime 6" off the ground. my garrett groundhog did that.

Thats odd they usuly just repair at Minelab USA? AzNuggetBob

Hi Bob I ordered 2 of them and can't wait to get them :rolleyes: much appreciated-Thanks-Mike C... :ph34r:

Hey Mike, I always order at least two when it comes parts, you wont be dissapointed with quality. no china express with these. type to you later. :ph34r: AzNuggetBob

Hey Bob, my pots for channels 1 & 2 are sloppy and noisey, and my screws for tune and tone broke a long time ago...Maybe we could get together and you help me fix this, if you don't think it would ruin ol' Baboo's nugget finding thing???????????????Cheers, Ron

something I forgot to mention. you can take the old wire wound pots apart and clean the dust out. I'll probubly get some argument over this, because a lot of people like the new pots, but with balance pots I like to keep it original. Take care AzNuggetBob