Case for my new GPX

Hello Everyone

I am looking for a case for my new GPX. I would like it to be somewhat sturdy, but not extremely heavy if possible. I would like to be able to fit in the detector and at least one coil and lower rod. Also my scoop and my Pocket Rocket and my headset. I would like it not to be a soft case if possible. But, I may have to resort to that. I had a Browning bag that worked pretty welll, but the zipper bit the dust on my last outing. Kellyco has one, but it is $225 shipped and it weighs almost 30 lbs. I do not plan to take it on an airplane, just want something safe to transport it in our motorhome and the Willys during 4 wheel trips. I am thinking of a Plano double bow hard case, but am having a hard time finding one to look at before I buy it. if all else fails, I can always have the zipper replaced on the Browning bag. If Anybody have any suggestions? If possible, I would appreciate pictures and a place where to get the product. Thanks

Darryll . I gave up finding just what I wanted and built my own out of 3/8" plywood and padded it . You can find bow cases to look at at Cabelas and most Walmarts.----Bob

Hi,

Yes, Walmart has some plastic bow cases that are good, and won't crush. You need to buy some of that bumpy foam

to put into it to keep your stuff from bouncing around inside.

Also, Gerrys Detectors used to have some neat soft zippered 2 layer bags that you can put your machine in.

You also need to put some of the bumpy foam stuff in them as well. They are smaller and easier to pack in the backseat or back of your truck than the bow cases, which are quite large and bulky.

Hope this helps!

~LARGO~

• Admin

Hey Darryl,

I've seen many Minelab users using padded rifle cases, which seems to work very well. Also, you could have used that GP Extreme hard case, but you would have needed to purchase an upper 2-piece Minelab shaft for it to work with any other Minelab PI besides the GP Extreme.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

I really wanted to find a case that was not as much of a beast as the Minelab one that came with my Extreme. I found a bow case by Plano that will do the trick I think. I will have to do some minor mods, but I thnk it will work well. it is large enough to fit my GPX, some coils and other accessories, and it is not overly heavy. And, it was onloy $52 shipped to my door from Amazon. I wil post pics when I have it finished. Thanks to all for your replies.