Grubstake's computer is dead

Gary called tonight and said his computer is dead. He believes the tower crashed. Gary said he will be off the forums until he has access to another computer. Jerry

Gary called tonight and said his computer is dead. He believes the tower crashed. Gary said he will be off the forums until he has access to another computer. Jerry

Just get someone to check it may only need to be reinstalled program / burnt mother board/hard drive and there cheap

I spoke to him last night and offered to give him a replacement tower and set it all up for him if he would send me the hardware he removed from his old one. In that way he would not be out any info or pictures etc, but he said he plugged in some Dell memory from another computer into it to add memory and when he turned it on that memory smoked the motherboard so he removed all cards and destroyed his hard drive for some reason I didn't really understand. When I get back from a trip I'll try to put one together for him and ship it out if he has not replaced it some other way by then.

Well I'm setting here in the Mariposa county library, on there computor, Can't get a nother computor until I sell my little car, so if anyone is interested in a good 30 mile a gal. car, cheap. let me know. I have a 96 Chev. Cavalier 4 door auto, new air conditioning, Cooter put in for me last year, great tires, great body, I got $4000.00 in it, and will let it go for $2500.00 or best offer. I have a pick-up my uncle gave me, I need to sell the car, to get a new computor and tires for the truck. Call me at 209-742-5956. Until then, I'll be without a computor. Talk to you guys later. Grubstake

Well I'm setting here in the Mariposa county library, on there computor, Can't get a nother computor until I sell my little car, so if anyone is interested in a good 30 mile a gal. car, cheap. let me know. I have a 96 Chev. Cavalier 4 door auto, new air conditioning, Cooter put in for me last year, great tires, great body, I got $4000.00 in it, and will let it go for $2500.00 or best offer. I have a pick-up my uncle gave me, I need to sell the car, to get a new computor and tires for the truck. Call me at 209-742-5956. Until then, I'll be without a computor. Talk to you guys later. Grubstake

Well just got off the phone with Gary he said he's going to be up and running soon. Had a new tower for him but he's waiting on a laptop. Anybody else need a computer tower? It's a atholon xp 2400 2ghz chip gig ram 120 gig hard drive Win xp and it has a creative sound blaster input for instruments and whatnot pick up only.

Jay

Good to hear Gary's got something going, once you get hooked to the internet its tough when things go down mine here is ready to blow any day and I'm going to spend a little money getting set up backing everything up to a server then try a fresh resinstall with a new hard drive.

Rockhead I'm interested .

Good to hear Gary's got something going, once you get hooked to the internet its tough when things go down mine here is ready to blow any day and I'm going to spend a little money getting set up backing everything up to a server then try a fresh resinstall with a new hard drive.

Rockhead I'm interested .

It's yours vini if you want it just pick it up or I'll be down in fresno within a week or 2.Sunday I'll be at my old mans place in coarsegold. You'll need to find the drivers for the lan card it's an abit board socket 462(socket a) nf7-sg2 and is still supported by abit just go to their website and download the driver with your system and move it to this one. If I have time i'll do it. It also has a dlink nic card so you could find the drivers for that too which ever. I also grabbed a emachines tower that powers up ecycling is cool there is a drive in that one it's a maxtor. Not sure how big I'll bring that too. you can format it and use it for you system.

Funny part about this system is all that happened was bios hung up on it. I would do a bios update if it's availible on abit's site.Took 2 seconds to make it come back up just shorted the pin next to the battery and it lit up. I feel sorry for folks that throw away good stuff for no reason but heck it works out for us huh?

Dan and I also just did a conversion for the 4 inch. I can't remember did you need a new header box for your 4 in or was that the 3in? If it's the 4in let me know we can work something out.

Heck why I'm at it I have a gold bug 2 and the 5in gould bazooka I'm going to get rid of. You know anybody looking down your way?

Jay