Introduction from Down Under

Hi gents and ladies,

I'm a prospector and outdoor writer from Australia. I found your site whilst surfing through prospecting sites througout the world (didn't find a single one in Russia). My interests are bush navigation with GPS, topo maps and compass; exploration for new gold patches, bush exploration and - when I have the time as a recently qualified pensioner - fishing and kayaking.

I'm a retired Australian soldier with 28 yrs under the belt. I look forward to corresponding with your forum, learning something and hopefully giving something back.

Cheers

Forester

Hi Grubstake,

thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately the only nuggets I've found lately are now in the possession of the ladies in my family, attached to chains to hang around their necks. I don't seem to be able to hang onto 'em for long.

Forester

Goodonya Doc,

I see you're from Las Vegas. I visited your city about two years ago whilst visiting with a mate now living in Mission Viejo, LA. I had a great time and ended up losing in grand style in 'The Venetian'. I believe my offsider referred to Vegas as 'Lost Wages'. By the time we drove north again I knew exactly what he was talking about. Great experience though and worth every cent.

Forester