Best Detector Head Phones

I'm currently detecting with a V/sat, acquiring nice finds, some gold....I was using older generic headphones, sweated up a storm, and they have had a short circut (they were old and cheap and I should have up graded a while ago) any recommendations on affordable brand name headphones for a VLF detector? any thing to stay away from?

Thanks

I'm currently detecting with a V/sat, acquiring nice finds, some gold....I was using older generic headphones, sweated up a storm, and they have had a short circut (they were old and cheap and I should have up graded a while ago) any recommendations on affordable brand name headphones for a VLF detector? any thing to stay away from?

Thanks

NDN,

I use Sun Ray Pro, Gold edition, headphones. Have had them about a year and a half & use them with my GB2, and I don't have any complaints. Used them this past June in Nevada and they held up great. I too sweat badly, and the ear pads take the moisture just fine (no shorts yet). They cost $119.00 plus shipping, but they came highly recommended by the dealer I do business out of Boise Id. You can check this web site:http://www.sunraydetector.com/sun_ray_pro__headphones.htm or just Google Sun Ray Pro headphones.

h20prospector

NDN,

I use Sun Ray Pro, Gold edition, headphones. Have had them about a year and a half & use them with my GB2, and I don't have any complaints. Used them this past June in Nevada and they held up great. I too sweat badly, and the ear pads take the moisture just fine (no shorts yet). They cost $119.00 plus shipping, but they came highly recommended by the dealer I do business out of Boise Id. You can check this web site:http://www.sunraydetector.com/sun_ray_pro__headphones.htm or just Google Sun Ray Pro headphones.

h20prospector

Thanks for the tip...Just looked at the web site, I like the feature that blocks out the moisture, and the opperating freg. seems good.

NDN,

h20prospector

I second the SunRay Gold pros. I use them on my GMT and GP 3500. I also run the chest strap on my pack through them to use with my signal enhancer.

most generic stereo headphones are not the ticket. what you want is a headphone with higher frequency, say to 30,000, and a wider ohm range.

They were fairly available at Tower Records, Best Buy, Fry's and the like, but now are found at informed sellers like any prospecting shop or detector manufacturer sites. expect to pay anywhere from $75 to $450.

Many headphones work better on one or two specific detectors than on others. best to ask around what is used on your detector for best results. best result being either natural gold, gold and silver coins, jewelry, or relics. you have to define your intended use and target, then shop for the hphone that'll work best

• Admin

Hey Gold Lover,

I would recommend the DetectorPro Black Widow's. I've used all the headphones listed, but there is nothing like the Black Widow's in my opinion. They have a lifetime warranty and DetectorPro backs their products 110%.

The Black Widow's are a bit pricey @ $126.00 a pair, but they are worth every penny. Give me a call if you're interested in picking up a pair of these.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Detector Pro Black Widow's is the way to go bro..They have a sharp sound to them and really bring up faint signals. Yes they are pricey, but so is everything else that performs! Guido...

Guest Mike C...

I've done them all above as well and IMO the best HP's are killer B's but you have to buy the ones made especially for minelabs--yes the rest of the KB line will work but unless you get the ML specific KB's you won;t hear everything---been there done that---I also have a old pair of the fisher phones which are rated at 300 ohms that let you hear what the others are missing :blush:just my 2 cents---Mike C... :ph34r:

NDN,

Listen to these pro's, I do...I own a pair of BlackWidow's. I hunt gold with other Minelab detectorist and one of my advantage's is the quality headphones. It will help set you apart from other detectorist. Here's the last month or so, pudding in the poke! Good hunting.

LuckyLundy

17Aug09Gold4Sale002.jpg

I use the Black Widow head phones and like them very much. I was out a while back on my atv and caught the wire on some brush and tore the headphones clear apart, I contacted Detector Pro and they said send them in. I got them back like new with a bill for $10 for shipping. Great service. Hope this helps. John