FOOTPRINTS, Claim Research & Mapping Program at your Fingertips!

As most of you know, Ruby & I make FootPrints prospecting maps. Those of you who subscribe to our newsletter also know that we are just now releasing our first California FootPrint.
The North Fork of the American River FootPrint is the first in 14 maps that are in the works to map the Sierra Nevada gold deposits.
We've been researching, mapping and writing software for the last year. The result is an excellent, easy-to-use, interactive map that provides all the information a prospector needs. I knew we got it right when Ruby and I found ourselves using it as our "go to" map for researching the area. We love it and think you will too.
As I said, this is the first of 14 maps we have planned to cover the Sierra Nevada. And it is also the standard for the rest. When the series is completed this will be the most comprehensive set of maps available for the prospector in California.
The North Fork of the American River FootPrint is a huge map compared to our eight previous FootPrints. It's got 70 interactive layers and covers more than 280 square miles of the North Fork drainage. Read all about the map and all those layers at this link:
We included all the things that you are looking for on a prospecting map; Land Status, Geology, Transportation, Aerial Imagery, Claims etc. We've even managed to map a little history as well.
Determining Land Status in California can be a very complex issue. So we have provided map layers that detail Federal Lands, County Parcels, Patents, the Public Land Survey System, Mineral Withdrawals and our Custom Active Mining Claims Layers (Lode & Placer).
In preparing the Geology map layers, we did a lot of research, pulling historic and current geologic reports and maps. This resulted in 7 map layers detailing Geologic Units, Faults, and the Tertiary Channels and Gravels.
In mapping the Tertiary Channels and Gravels we digitized data from reports and maps of the early notable geologists. Source documents are also provided to give a more complete understanding.
We digitized the historic Economic Geology Maps from the Geologic Atlas Folios which were published from 1890 to 1900. This map layer shows Tertiary Channels, Gravels, Mines and Geology published not long after the peak of mining activity in the area.
Along with other, more current geologic maps this is no doubt the most comprehensive geologic map available for the area.
And that's really just a sampling of what we pulled together for this FootPrint. This is our first FootPrint with our new V2 interface at its core.
With the added capabilities of the new V2; GPS tracks & waypoints, tools for Drawing, Marking, Measuring and Calculating Area, all with no Internet required, you've got a major tool to add to your prospecting kit.
Click the links below to check out the complete Layer List and the details on the V2 interface.
This FootPrint map has more land open to prospecting and entry in 180,000 acres than any prospecting club can offer. Some of that open land can be found right on some of the best placer deposits ever discovered. That's real value.
And as we have found in the past....it's not "All Claimed Up"
Go check out this amazing map and then Click over to Robs Detectors and pick one up. He's got them in stock and he's ready to ship. I see he is also offering free shipping!
Got any questions? Just ask. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an overview map that shows the extent of this footprint?

Hi Chris, I hope you are having a nice 4th?

There is an overview map at this link.

Overview Extent

Briefly the map includes the entire drainage of the North Fork. That area includes the Northern slope of Foresthill divide on the South to Colfax on the North. Interstate 80 follows most of the Northern border.

There are more than 50 river miles from below the junction with the middle fork and past Snow Mountain on the upstream side.

I hope that helps. If you are wondering if a particular location is within that drainage basin I can look it up for you.