Doc's mod.

Guest sandtrap

Doc's secret.>>> He has a big dog that wears "Black Widow " earphones,.. When his dog picks up a signal, it digs feverishly at the srea Doc points out Saves Doc a lot of digging. He is trying to breed these dogs, but it takes a long while to train them. :wacko:

Guest sandtrap

I did not mean to give his secret out; it slipped, as while visiting relatives in Vegas,and beeping, I caught him in the act. He doesn't know it tho. I did not work in security for nothing.. Semper Fi > VOTE IN NOVEMBER ! ! :D

Guys it's not a modification. It's just a must have accessory, that will make life easier and the reports have been that it lessens EM Interference.

Won't be long now the last item is supposedly on the way to me as we speak.

I actually showed it to people at the Prescott Minelab Training Center Grand Opening.

Here's a picture of Steve H. from Alaska Diving and Mining using the new accessory at Gold Basin.

Doc

Yes,easy! LOL!!! The 2 Rx windings in anti interference coils receive anti phase(which cancels most common mode noise)just like when you use a DD coil (with certain proviso's) in cancel mode!

Fancy you not knowing this!!!!!

all the best,

doug

but Dug will knowing this help you find more gold.fancy it wont.

all the best Adrian

Yes,easy! LOL!!! The 2 Rx windings in anti interference coils receive anti phase(which cancels most common mode noise)just like when you use a DD coil (with certain proviso's) in cancel mode!

Fancy you not knowing this!!!!!

all the best,

doug

This from a guy who just asked someone on his forum if he uses a DD or mono coil on his VLF detector!! :lol: :lol:

Arm chair expert Doug gets his info from other forums and his neighbor's mate's sister's uncle's brother in law who spends his life blind drunk at the local pub, and the drunk gets his info from the dog tied up at the end of the bar.

And... Doug's testing is carried out by the same skilled (and very successful) independent sources who said it wasn't worthwhile upgrading to the 4000 and 4500. Note that these guys all upgraded to 4000s and 4500s!!

And... 'Fine Gold' doesn't just target fly dung, it also targets multi gram porous nuggets and specimens that don't respond, or respond poorly if using an earlier model.

And... the GPX series does mute the audio when changing timings.

And... Minelab could easily mute the audio during start up but I believe the noise is a good diagnostic tool for both the detector and coil. Perhaps they would mute it though if enough people complained. Doug doesn't count. His one eyed biased anti-Minelab opinion, as always, is irrelevant. :rolleyes:

This is a repost from another thread that Doug hijacked:

Seriously is anyone still, looking at this guys posts and thinking some sort of logic

is going to make a difference to him?

The ONLY way to deal with this silly fellow

is to STOP posting replies to him.

If you want to keep beating your head on a wall

then keep trying to reason with him.

It does not work.

There is a certain kind of personality that craves any kind of attention even negative attention.

This is a case study.

Flak

Yes. It's a Coiltek anti-interference coil. In the shop I always keep one on the demo machines because it is very hard to demo a machine that is going crazy because of all the electrical interference. That Anti-Interference coil has been out for like 10 years and is being used very successfully.

It is much better than the cancel mode. Cancel will block noise, but you lose all of your depth.

The AI coil gets a bit less depth that a DD coil, but when you are able to work directly under power lines, you open up brand new virgin area.

Doc

DOC,

Was that the special coil you had on the GPX 5000 at the training center so you could turn it on in and around Electrical interferanc like the floresant lights ? And could hunt under power lines ?

wonderer

In all fairness I must confess that this accessory was not designed to lessen EM Interference, it is just something that apparently is a by-product. Everyone that has been using the system, there are about 5 out in the field has said the same thing, the detectors are running quieter.

I think there may be a couple of reasons for this which are speculation, but we can have more fun with that question when I can show you the complete set up.

I hope we have not over-hyped this to the point where it will be a disappointment. Personally I will never prospect with a Minelab Pulse Induction ever again without using this because it makes life much easier. It will also work on the GPX4000, 4500, 4800 and 5000.

Doc

Archived