My Lucky Weekend

Hey Flak,

How goes it?? I'm still around, here and there, just lurking.

Seems that I learn a bit more if I keep my mouth shut and just read what others have to write about. There are no absolutes, but there are a large number of bits and pieces of good info. that if incorporated into your everday routine of detecting/prospecting will shorten or enhance your journey to success.

Bob T.

Hey Rick,

Congrats on that lunker! As far as the name Lucky goes I know what everyone means. I use to go by LuckyLarry for years, now it it is Ironman because of the cool relics I find. Your expertise in finding the gold is what makes the term LuckyLundy so fitting. Keep it up my friend and I hope your wife is getting some use out of the GP Extreme.

Looking forward to getting together with you soon to do some relic hunting!

Larry

Larry,

Hey good talking to you and your knowledge of the relics we dig up is valuable to us non-type-relic hunters. Looking forward to giving you the pointy finger of some old campsites. My wife has upgraded to the GPX 4500, but found many nuggets with your old Extreme.

See you soon,

Rick

• 1 year later...

Sure wish I could find a spot like that near six mile canyon. I have been searching arround there for years and still havent found one nugget yet. I cant imagine where you guys are finding these at anywhere near six mile. I have invested a fortune in detectors and all I want to do is at least recover a small part of the money I have spent. Anyway nice looking gold. Im happy to see that SOMEONE finds something near six mile once in awhile even though its not me.

GoldBug Hunter.

Sorry for the false hope on the six mile canyon area. But that trip was actually not even close to there. It was much further North.

Steve, I couldn't help but notice that you're located in Northern California. I'm wondering if an experienced guy like you can help out a newbie like me. I've been trying to think of a good place to get my feet wet using my Infinium. I've thought about going to old hydraulic or drift mining locations, or even searching in some of the active river channels in the northern reaches of the California gold belt. However, I don't want to step on anyone's toes and it seems to be getting harder to find open, unclaimed land these days. Do you know of anywhere on public lands here in NorCal (that are un-claimable, so I don't have to worry about offending anyone) where a guy might be able to find his first "color" with a new detector? Since I work at an office job during the week, I'm limited to the occasional weekend (don't have a lot of time to scour the hills regularly looking for places to go, much as I'd like to). Heck, maybe we could even get together sometime and see what an Infinium will do against a Minelab (I'm assuming that's what you use?).

GoldBug Hunter.

Sorry for the false hope on the six mile canyon area. But that trip was actually not even close to there. It was much further North.

Border Boy, yes it is sad that gold does strange things to some people........

Hello El Dorado,

It has been a long time since we went crystal hunting at Rye Patch. However I did not think that nugget came from Six Mile canyon.

The pieces I have found in this area are usallly electrum specimen float. Hard to find with the trash and all the volcanic hot rocks and native iron. If you get lucky and get over one. You have really earned it. :)

Majuba Tom

Yep that was a nice nugget and it was the only signal in a little drainage off a side of a hill. Sounded like trash at first, but I needed a break to dig something to rest my swinging arm. It's in a collection of many other great looking nuggets. The spot where it came from is still a secret and I'm sure by now Road Dog has found many to rival that find. Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

Blue Viking.... You can detect anywhere within the Auburn State Recreation area. There is also a place right in my backyard you can go. It is the land behind the Todd Valley refuse collection station(38 59.904 N 120 50.669 W ). It is also public land open to detect. It has been hit hard, but still produces. A great source of info is Frank at the Pioneer Mining store in Auburn........

Blue Viking.... You can detect anywhere within the Auburn State Recreation area. There is also a place right in my backyard you can go. It is the land behind the Todd Valley refuse collection station(38 59.904 N 120 50.669 W ). It is also public land open to detect. It has been hit hard, but still produces. A great source of info is Frank at the Pioneer Mining store in Auburn........

Thanks for the helpful hints! Now I just need to make some time to get out there one of these weekends and try it out. :)