>> Request for Special Prayer!! <<

Rob i was so glad to see all the people who were praying for your grandmother. I will say one now.

and since i get to preach at our little church in Channing TX tomorrow, i will put her on the prayer list there, also....you and your family too.

And all the people on the forum i have gotten to know. What a great bunch and i know you can see, Rob that we know what is really "golden"!

In Christ alone...!

paul

Your Grandmother is in our prayers Rob. But remember when it is your grandmother's time to move on it is to a place with no pain just the happiness of heaven surrounded by the love and glory of God.

We sometimes forget that when a loved one passes over to heaven our mourning is really not for them. Do we feel sad when someone gets to go to Australia and finds gold? Or to Disneyland?

We mourn for ourselves because it is we who are left here on earth that will miss the ones we love. We won't be able to see them, or touch them or get a hug or tell them how much we love them. But they are still here with us, they watch us, they protect us, and guide us, and they wait patiently until we can someday enjoy the peace of eternal happiness with them.

When you know someone was a good person in this life, when they pass on, our feelings should not be without some degree of joy in knowing that God was standing there waiting for them to enter the Heavenly kingdom, so He could welcome them home. The bad people are the ones who should be mourned because they truly are dead. The people who have lived in the righteousness of the bible and followed in the footsteps of Christ live on in eternal bliss and comfort with the Heavenly Choirs of Angels and Saints in the glory of the Holy Spirit.

You are all in our thoughts and or prayers.

When our 20 year old niece Ashley died of cancer. She would have been 31 this September 14th if she had lived. I gave the eulogy and this is what I said (I have replaced the name Ashley with your loved one.) It's called if words were enough.

If Words Were Enough

by Gregory M. Lousignont, Ph.D.

If Words Were Enough

I'd tell you that time heals all wounds. But the truth is time alone can not mend the piece of your heart that has been missing ever since your loved one left.

If Words Were Enough

I'd tell you that God never gives us more than we can handle.

And you'd respond, "Then why does our life feel so empty and meaningless?"

If Words Were Enough

I'd say, "That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger!"

And you would say, "If that were true why do I feel like I can hardly stand on my own?"

If Words Were Enough

I'd tell you, "Your love one is in a better place!"

And you'd respond, "The best place we know of is right here with us."

If Words Were Enough

I'd say "But she is happier now than she has ever been!"

With tears in your eyes, you would say, "But we are sadder now than we have ever been!"

If Words Were Enough

I'd say, "Sometimes life isn't fair!"

And your response would be, "But we did everything right, we are good people, we lived by God's rules."

If Words Were Enough

I'd try to impress upon you that some times bad things happen to good people!

And you would ask me, "WHY?"

And with tears in MY eyes I would hang my head and have to admit, "I DON'T KNOW!"

But what I DO KNOW is this, if words were enough, we wouldn't need FAITH.

You see it isn't time that heals, it's God's abundance of love and our acceptance of His will that softens the pain. The piece of your heart that has been missing because your loved one left, because of your faith, will be filled with loving memories and God's abundant grace.

God doesn't cause things to happen to see if people "can handle it," no more than He makes terrorist kill thousands of innocent people; terrorists choose to do unthinkable things. Do you think a loving God would orchestrate such a tragedy just to see if people could handle it? NO! God is the one who helps us handle things by guiding us through our grief with His comforting presence.

The seemingly unbearable things that life sometimes hands us doesn't make us stronger. It is our Lord who fills our hearts and souls with compassion towards others we see who are suffering and in pain that makes us stronger; not physically, but spiritually.

Our faith and trust in the word of God assures us that our life on earth is simply a brief stop before we enter the Kingdom of the Almighty and the joy of eternity in paradise. That's how we know that our love one is in a better place. Our human brain only knows of this world. It is our faith alone that fills our soul with a yearning to someday join the one we love, where we too will receive our heavenly reward.

You may have accepted that your loved one is happy now. You may believe that she is filled with the glory of God, the power of the Holy Spirit and the presence of Jesus, but perhaps you are still sad. Then open your hearts to the Lord and pray that the power of the Holy Spirit takes away your sorrow and fills your troubled hearts with joy and solitude.

Life IS fair! And we know all the rules! The Old Testament tells us the story of Moses receiving the commandments from the hand of God. In the New Testament, Jesus, our loving Savior, tells us what our reward will be if we follow His Father's rules. No where in the Holy Scriptures is there a promise made that we will live on this earth for 10 years, 20, 50, or 90 years. But there is a more important promise. The promise is, that if we live by God's rules, we will live for eternity in the glory of His presence. Life is fair, and we know the rules, and the conditions under which the game of life is played. While we may not understand why the playing conditions can change so drastically in our earthly lives, we need only to remind ourselves of the promise of our heavenly reward. Heaven is the goal, earth is just the place we play the game so we can win Heaven.

I don't know why bad things happen to good people. However, I know in my heart that God has nothing to do with things that are bad. Hurtful things are simply a part of our earthly life. God is more concerned about our eternal life. As humans we have such a limited frame of reference. Some people think death is the end of life. It is our faith in God's promises that gives us comfort. A comfort of knowing that our death on earth is our birth in the Kingdom of God and eternal peace, happiness, and tranquillity.

Dear God, please have mercy on those who think words are enough. Without an abiding faith in You to give meaning to those words, they are just a collection of syllables, strung together into a series of meaningless sentences.

Our loved one lives on for eternity in a heavenly world that we can only speculate about. Their life is still filled with people who love them, and their family and friends whom they love.

They showed their love of God by the way they lived their lives here on earth.

I never heard our loved one utter one unkind word about anyone. Yet they were never shy about showing you, or telling you, that you were loved.

The world would be a better place if we had more people like this angel, who wasn't afraid to tell the people in their life that they were loved.

May I suggest that to honor their memory we all follow their lead? Tell the people you love, exactly how you feel about them, that includes telling God how much you love Him! And do it now; because the plans you have for tomorrow and the plans God has for you, may be quite different.

Doc

Guest sandtrap

Your Grandmother is in our prayers Rob. But remember when it is your grandmother's time to move on it is to a place with no pain just the happiness of heaven surrounded by the love and glory of God.

We sometimes forget that when a loved one passes over to heaven our mourning is really not for them. Do we feel sad when someone gets to go to Australia and finds gold? Or to Disneyland?

We mourn for ourselves because it is we who are left here on earth that will miss the ones we love. We won't be able to see them, or touch them or get a hug or tell them how much we love them. But they are still here with us, they watch us, they protect us, and guide us, and they wait patiently until we can someday enjoy the peace of eternal happiness with them.

When you know someone was a good person in this life, when they pass on, our feelings should not be without some degree of joy in knowing that God was standing there waiting for them to enter the Heavenly kingdom, so He could welcome them home. The bad people are the ones who should be mourned because they truly are dead. The people who have lived in the righteousness of the bible and followed in the footsteps of Christ live on in eternal bliss and comfort with the Heavenly Choirs of Angels and Saints in the glory of the Holy Spirit.

You are all in our thoughts and or prayers.

When our 20 year old niece Ashley died of cancer. She would have been 31 this September 14th if she had lived. I gave the eulogy and this is what I said (I have replaced the name Ashley with your loved one.) It's called if words were enough.

If Words Were Enough

by Gregory M. Lousignont, Ph.D.

If Words Were Enough

I'd tell you that time heals all wounds. But the truth is time alone can not mend the piece of your heart that has been missing ever since your loved one left.

If Words Were Enough

I'd tell you that God never gives us more than we can handle.

And you'd respond, "Then why does our life feel so empty and meaningless?"

If Words Were Enough

I'd say, "That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger!"

And you would say, "If that were true why do I feel like I can hardly stand on my own?"

If Words Were Enough

I'd tell you, "Your love one is in a better place!"

And you'd respond, "The best place we know of is right here with us."

If Words Were Enough

I'd say "But she is happier now than she has ever been!"

With tears in your eyes, you would say, "But we are sadder now than we have ever been!"

If Words Were Enough

I'd say, "Sometimes life isn't fair!"

And your response would be, "But we did everything right, we are good people, we lived by God's rules."

If Words Were Enough

I'd try to impress upon you that some times bad things happen to good people!

And you would ask me, "WHY?"

And with tears in MY eyes I would hang my head and have to admit, "I DON'T KNOW!"

But what I DO KNOW is this, if words were enough, we wouldn't need FAITH.

You see it isn't time that heals, it's God's abundance of love and our acceptance of His will that softens the pain. The piece of your heart that has been missing because your loved one left, because of your faith, will be filled with loving memories and God's abundant grace.

God doesn't cause things to happen to see if people "can handle it," no more than He makes terrorist kill thousands of innocent people; terrorists choose to do unthinkable things. Do you think a loving God would orchestrate such a tragedy just to see if people could handle it? NO! God is the one who helps us handle things by guiding us through our grief with His comforting presence.

The seemingly unbearable things that life sometimes hands us doesn't make us stronger. It is our Lord who fills our hearts and souls with compassion towards others we see who are suffering and in pain that makes us stronger; not physically, but spiritually.

Our faith and trust in the word of God assures us that our life on earth is simply a brief stop before we enter the Kingdom of the Almighty and the joy of eternity in paradise. That's how we know that our love one is in a better place. Our human brain only knows of this world. It is our faith alone that fills our soul with a yearning to someday join the one we love, where we too will receive our heavenly reward.

You may have accepted that your loved one is happy now. You may believe that she is filled with the glory of God, the power of the Holy Spirit and the presence of Jesus, but perhaps you are still sad. Then open your hearts to the Lord and pray that the power of the Holy Spirit takes away your sorrow and fills your troubled hearts with joy and solitude.

Life IS fair! And we know all the rules! The Old Testament tells us the story of Moses receiving the commandments from the hand of God. In the New Testament, Jesus, our loving Savior, tells us what our reward will be if we follow His Father's rules. No where in the Holy Scriptures is there a promise made that we will live on this earth for 10 years, 20, 50, or 90 years. But there is a more important promise. The promise is, that if we live by God's rules, we will live for eternity in the glory of His presence. Life is fair, and we know the rules, and the conditions under which the game of life is played. While we may not understand why the playing conditions can change so drastically in our earthly lives, we need only to remind ourselves of the promise of our heavenly reward. Heaven is the goal, earth is just the place we play the game so we can win Heaven.

I don't know why bad things happen to good people. However, I know in my heart that God has nothing to do with things that are bad. Hurtful things are simply a part of our earthly life. God is more concerned about our eternal life. As humans we have such a limited frame of reference. Some people think death is the end of life. It is our faith in God's promises that gives us comfort. A comfort of knowing that our death on earth is our birth in the Kingdom of God and eternal peace, happiness, and tranquillity.

Dear God, please have mercy on those who think words are enough. Without an abiding faith in You to give meaning to those words, they are just a collection of syllables, strung together into a series of meaningless sentences.

Our loved one lives on for eternity in a heavenly world that we can only speculate about. Their life is still filled with people who love them, and their family and friends whom they love.

They showed their love of God by the way they lived their lives here on earth.

I never heard our loved one utter one unkind word about anyone. Yet they were never shy about showing you, or telling you, that you were loved.

The world would be a better place if we had more people like this angel, who wasn't afraid to tell the people in their life that they were loved.

May I suggest that to honor their memory we all follow their lead? Tell the people you love, exactly how you feel about them, that includes telling God how much you love Him! And do it now; because the plans you have for tomorrow and the plans God has for you, may be quite different.

Doc

• Admin

Hello All,

I have to say thanks for all the great prayers for my Grandmother. It started out to be a very terrible weekend. Grandmother in ICU on life support and then Saturday morning I get the word that a co-worker and very close friend was rushed to the Maricopa Burn Center cause of an electrical contact at a Substation from 345,000 volts. You might have seen it on the news. At this time he is alive and stable, but the next 24-48 hours are crucial.

The good news from the weekend, Grandmother is now off the ventilator, breathing on her own and talking. She is a fighter without a doubt. She told me tonight if it wasn't for my Daughter Riley should wouldn't have fought the fight. She did develop a blood clot that they are watching along with blood pressure going up and down, but for the most part I believe she beat the battle.

It's just amazing what God can do!

Please continue to pray for a speedy recover for my Grandmother and now a co-worker and friend (Scott F.) that is surviving from an electical contact injury.

God Bless.

Rob Allison

Hello All,

I have to say thanks for all the great prayers for my Grandmother. It started out to be a very terrible weekend. Grandmother in ICU on life support and then Saturday morning I get the word that a co-worker and very close friend was rushed to the Maricopa Burn Center cause of an electrical contact at a Substation from 345,000 volts. You might have seen it on the news. At this time he is alive and stable, but the next 24-48 hours are crucial.

The good news from the weekend, Grandmother is now off the ventilator, breathing on her own and talking. She is a fighter without a doubt. She told me tonight if it wasn't for my Daughter Riley should wouldn't have fought the fight. She did develop a blood clot that they are watching along with blood pressure going up and down, but for the most part I believe she beat the battle.

It's just amazing what God can do!

Please continue to pray for a speedy recover for my Grandmother and now a co-worker and friend (Scott F.) that is surviving from an electical contact injury.

God Bless.

Rob Allison

Prayers going up for the coworker...

Glad to hear you Grandmother is doing better.

I respect you and your coworkers for what you do...working with all the high voltage and such.

Keep safe and hang in there.

Tom H.

Rob... Gosh, I just saw this post. I know how much your grandmother means to you... She is special and the Power of Prayer, and that your Grandmother Helen is a true fighter will carry her through so Riley will be able to know her great-grandmother.

My Thoughts and Prayers also go for your co-worker and friend, Scott, for a full recovery

Your friend, Jim Straight

Rob

Glad to hear that things are looking better.

Still sending positive thoughts Helen's and

your families way.

Best Regards

Herb

• Admin

Hello All,

Thanks once again for all the thoughts that prayers. My Grandmother is now out of the hospital doing much better. The Doctors said it was a miracle she pulled through this. They didn't think she was going to make it off the breathing machine. Just goes to show what the great Lord can do and how all the prayers have helped.

Update on my friend, he kind of took a turn for the worst for a few days, he developed pneumonia in both lungs, also some type of bacteria in the lungs and noise. He still battling the electrical contact wound, 7 broken ribs and other minor stuff. They have done a EEG of the brain along with a MRI, but are still waiting for results on both.

Please continue to pray for my friend and co-worker Scott. The guy is a fighter, I know he will make it through it, but prayers are also needed to pull him through this.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! GOD Bless.

Rob Allison

Archived