Platypus gold

here's some gold i found using the platypus in shallow creeks. It really is sensitive for a dd, but not quite as good as the joey. It oopened up a whole new way of detecting for me. Too bad i got it so late this year. The only thing is i have a hard time dealing with the cord! Maybe i'll pick up one of doc's systems by next year. It would really make the whole exerience more fun. I got this stuff in 4 trips to the claim, makes me wish i had more time! I'll put a video on you tube soon, maybe that'd be cool. Although i get quite exited and make a fool of myself! ha ha oh the last pic was the joey just had to throw that in from yesterday.

Hey Joe,

Very nice. Sniping the bedrock like you're doing is fun. My looking at the exposed bedrock and water, I can see why both the Joey and Playpus are finding gold. Hope to hear more stories when you get back there.

Rob Allison

Fun it is Rob, its like cheating! I'm in northern nevada now but headed back for one last day tomorrow. Hope it goes well. The high country is one storm away from locking me out till july next year. Hard to believe the year went so fast. I'm really looking forward to next year, but lets start it in june not july!

Nice bit of gold. Wish I would have had one of those coils in AK this summer. My buddy was finding some pieces in the creek with his GMT. I had nothing to put in the water, bummer.

Sure is sad to see the snow coming. What a drag when that white stuff covers up our play ground.

Keep up the good work.

Kenny

Yeah kenny, it was such a short season. We never even got into the claim till july 11th! I've been hitting it hard lately. I got one piece right at dark tonight. It was one of those "just one more target and i'll head up the hill" things. So, i got lucky and it was a 21 grain piece that was very pourus and long. I didn't get out tonight until 5pm so i didn't have long. Heading back in the morning. Just keep the snow off till november!

Nice gold. I just received my GP Series Platypus coil. took it straight to the beach on my 4500. I really had a hard time calming the signal down even in the salt-course setting. I did find some clad and an earring which seems to be made from copper (along with alot of trash). any suggestions? Being new to this "I'm all ears".

Bill

Hello capt! i have done a little detecting in the salt course setting, but not on beaches bud. I'm up in the northern sierra. On the 4500, i find that i lose a lot of sensitivity when running in that mode. I use the specific, sens extra, deep mode in DD and fixed as you cant use the normal way of GB the detector in specific. I hope you stick with it, as so many people have helped me so much on here and a couple other spots. Funny we all are on common ground here!

Nice!!!

Your video link doesn't seem to work, but I found you by searching on Youtube, when watching your video I can't help but wonder how much fine gold are in those cracks where you're finding the nuggets, have you panned out any of the dirt?

I would be willing to bet there's more fine gold by weight than what you'e finding in nuggets!!!

Here a live link to you channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/minerjoe01#p/a/u/0/XQJMA0AOL7M

Skip

Thanks skip! don't know why it didn't work as you can tell i haven't done this youtube thing yet. I did take a small pan with me the next time after viewing the other video i realized i didn't pick one of the other nuggets on another crevice. It was too small to detect! So i do quite well on the fines, but i dont bother with it much till the big stuff runs out! Thanks again for the help, i'm an idiot!

Wow, that was amazing. I will be going back to the beach on my days off this week and get more practice in. I'm going to plan a week ot two in Az this coming spring and take my father. He is the one that got me interested in this hobby. Cant wait to try to find some Au.

Again great video.

Bill

Archived