Some more exploring the Arizona Outback

• Admin

Hello All,

This morning a friend and I went out and done some exploring again in a new location. It was a bit warmer today, but that didn't stop us from hiking over ridgetops and swinging the GPX5000's from Sun up to Sun down. The exciting part is this area is not known for gold, but today we found more gold nuggets and even a bunch of copper nuggets. Below in the pictures you will see what we turned up. The first shot is a nugget in nature, the first nugget I dug today. The second picture is my take for the day, copper, gold and a strange quartz specimen (metal unknown). Third picture is a friend's take, all gold nuggets.

We were using the Minelab GPX5000 metal detectors and Coiltek Blitz searchcoils.

Hope you enjoyed. It's still out there!

Rob Allison

Hello All,

This morning a friend and I went out and done some exploring again in a new location. It was a bit warmer today, but that didn't stop us from hiking over ridgetops and swinging the GPX5000's from Sun up to Sun down. The exciting part is this area is not known for gold, but today we found more gold nuggets and even a bunch of copper nuggets. Below in the pictures you will see what we turned up. The first shot is a nugget in nature, the first nugget I dug today. The second picture is my take for the day, copper, gold and a strange quartz specimen (metal unknown). Third picture is a friend's take, all gold nuggets.

Sweet!

Heck with the price of copper these days its almost worth it finding them! :)

Glad you got some gold also.

Tom

Hey Rob,

Nice finds indeed! Howabout you come down and help me break open the Florence, AZ Box Canyon area sometime? There's Gold there and lots of open BLM land. I beep there occasionally but have not found any nuggets yet.....lots of red dirt so I know it's there. It's a huge vast area and i have never seen any other prospectors out there other than the marks the old timers left there. Also some of Arizonas finest 4x4 country.

TTYL,

Steve

Hey Rob,

Nice finds indeed! Howabout you come down and help me break open the Florence, AZ Box Canyon area sometime? There's Gold there and lots of open BLM land. I beep there occasionally but have not found any nuggets yet.....lots of red dirt so I know it's there. It's a huge vast area and i have never seen any other prospectors out there other than the marks the old timers left there. Also some of Arizonas finest 4x4 country.

TTYL,

Steve

Florance Box Canyon

might be a great place for a outing. Doug

Hi Doug,

Yes Florence Arizona. about 8 miles east of Florence to be more precise. It would be great for an outing with lots of room. Can't gaurantee any Gold will be found but then again we might open up a new nugget field as well. Several old lode gold mines are there with a few showing free Gold. Many old silver mines and copper as well. Big area....been going there for years and still have not seen the whole place. Heavy duty 4x4 country though....at a minimum you need short wheelbase and 4 inch lift to navigate the rougher spots (unless you dont mind dragging bottom)..lots of ground can be accessed with just plain jane 4x4 though.

I've spent tons of time exploring in the Florence Junction area and have been in several of the old shafts and tunnels out there.

Definitely an interesting area with lots to offer. But you do need a strong 4x4 and/or a disregard for body and undercarriage damage to really play out there.

When the Forest Service tried to map the trails out there they sent out the quads and motorcycles... They came back and asked the 4wheelers to take them on the trails because their machines couldn't do it and many were too difficult to even walk lol.

When the Forest Service tried to map the trails out there they sent out the quads and motorcycles... They came back and asked the 4wheelers to take them on the trails because their machines couldn't do it and many were too difficult to even walk lol.

Sounds like good times :-)

Darn it Glenn........I thought we got rid of that damned bug !! :spank:

Shame on you

Patrick.....

Hey, I smacked my computer screen several times trying to kill that bug....

:) :)

Archived