Stanton LDMA/GPAA Outing this weekend

• Admin

Hello All,

This weekend I made a run over to Stanton to check out the LDMA/GPAA Outing. Many vendors started setting up early Wednesday, while the actual outing started on Friday I believe. I heard they had over 180 people signed up for the common dig, but I really didn't see that many people.

Ran into several guys that I know, such as Barry & Leigh with Footprints, Kevin H. with Minelab Americas, Dave with Fast Sign's, Dave Lester - Minelab dealer, Bunk with Bunk's Prospecting, Robert with 49er's and many other vendors throughout the day. Standing around BSing with a few guys about Minelab's and how they worked turned a couple (wife/husand) team to both purchase Minelab GPX 5000's the following day. Looking forward to doing your training within a few weeks.

Later in the day I took off and decided to hit a couple of old patches on the hill. Spent several hours at one patch and didn't find a single piece of gold, just a couple of small fragments of wire. The second patch ended up producing two nuggets, both right at a dwt each.

Overall, the outing seemed to be a good one. They even now serve food, which is nice for guys looking to sit down and take a break throughout the day.

I did notice the outings seem to be getting smaller in members and vendors, but maybe something else was going on during this time also.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello All,

This weekend I made a run over to Stanton to check out the LDMA/GPAA Outing. Many vendors started setting up early Wednesday, while the actual outing started on Friday I believe. I heard they had over 180 people signed up for the common dig, but I really didn't see that many people.

Ran into several guys that I know, such as Barry & Leigh with Footprints, Kevin H. with Minelab Americas, Dave with Fast Sign's, Dave Lester - Minelab dealer, Bunk with Bunk's Prospecting, Robert with 49er's and many other vendors throughout the day. Standing around BSing with a few guys about Minelab's and how they worked turned a couple (wife/husand) team to both purchase Minelab GPX 5000's the following day. Looking forward to doing your training within a few weeks.

Later in the day I took off and decided to hit a couple of old patches on the hill. Spent several hours at one patch and didn't find a single piece of gold, just a couple of small fragments of wire. The second patch ended up producing two nuggets, both right at a dwt each.

Overall, the outing seemed to be a good one. They even now serve food, which is nice for guys looking to sit down and take a break throughout the day.

I did notice the outings seem to be getting smaller in members and vendors, but maybe something else was going on during this time also.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob:

Glad you got some yellow stuff! :)

Those are some nice chunky guys.

Im going out on Wed and see what I can scare up.

Probably will just scare myself...:)

Taker easy.

Tom H.

It was good seeing you and Dennis Rob. Glad you got something for your poke.

It has been a beautiful weekend - it would be hard to imagine better weather. The turnout was light but it was great to see folks we hadn't seen since this spring. We met lots more nice folks this year - a real friendly crowd this winter.

Dave Lamb from FastSigns has become a nugget monster. Dave has worked harder than most to get metal detecting down and all those hours have paid off. We hadn't seen Dave since this spring and the size of his poke was only exceeded by the size of his grin. It was good to see his dedication paid off, it couldn't have happen to a nicer guy. :D

We met up with our friend John Hagen, got to spend some time getting to know Casey Kelton, BSed with Jack Tucker and made faces at Perry Massey. :wacko:

No Dig Em Ed stopped by this afternoon and we had a nice visit - if you ever get a chance to try some of Ed's smoked brisket run, do not walk to wherever he tells you to, you do not want to miss that treat. You may have to dig Ed's nuggets for him but his smoked brisket makes it worth the effort.

Kevin Hoagland from Minelab stopped by and ended up helping a young couple to tune their Whites MXT. What a nice guy! Wish I'd gotten a picture though. :lol:

Bunk is down at the opera house hamming it up right now. He's playing Martin in the annual play. He gets shot in the end. Three performances three times dead! :blink:

MinerDiggins

Subscribe to the NewDiggins Newsletter

Archived